holden/chevy?

A

Anonymous

hi,

i was wondering if since some of you guys are from aus. that do you know if the holden 6 intake is simular to the chevy 6 because they looked awfull close to me. the reason im wondering this is if im not mistaken you aussies have a fuel injection set up for your 202 holden inlines. and well you can pretty much figure out that a tpi setup would be nicer for my chevy than the old carb. well any info would be appreciated thanks

No, the Holden bore spacings are 4.045 inches (same as Ford I6 and the latest GM 4200 I6), the Chevy more like 4.40 inches. The engines are similar in design, but no parts are common to them.

You'd have more luck with an Aussie Chrysler 245/265 Hemi I6 intake than a Holden one. Bore spacings on the Oz Hemi are similar, but ports aren't the same sequence as the 250 Chev.

Lots of luck!

the chev and the holden look the same,but the holden is about 3" shorter than the chev(gm in oz put 240 chevs into holdens when they sent them to south africa and marketed them as chevs).you could possibly section the injection manifold and reweld(a lot of work though)

I've had a think about this a little more. What you could do is use an Aussie EFI Ford 4.1 in-line six plenum chamber with some custom intake runners made of heavy wall tube. Cut off the ford names and place bow-ties on it. :devilish: :devilish:

The 300I6 EFI six system also could be modified in the same way. The width diferences could be made up for by splaying the intake runners. Similar to doing headers, really. Then its just the injection rail and bosses you'd need to do. There are some lovely, simple injection modules around, and the HEI and general strength of the Chevy six lends itself to a good intake. Intake dividers can be made out of alloy stock to create a 12-port head. And, with low-deck pistons, you could shove in a ground down 292 crank and hit the road. Almost a 300 I6, eh?

lol well im not sure if i want to make it into a ford but just themanifold maybe. thanks alot you guys have given me lots of ideas

Back