Tempature gague placement?

papawfalcon

I have a 1975 X-Flow in my 1962 Ranchero. I am very familiar with a 144-170-200 US 6 cyl. Is the tempature sending unit at the back of the head. the same as X-flow? I was thinking about installing an aftermarket tematue gague in the front of the engine by the thermostat housing where the vacume ports are. Good or Bad idea??? THANKS!!!

:unsure: Is this after the thermostat hosing? Can you post a picture of the exact location your considering? Generally in my opinion the rear of the head is the best location for a temp gauge sender. Good luck : (y) :nod:

I don't know how to post pics. As standing in front of the car on the right side of the head and around the corner with the thermostate.Thanks.

If it's in the heads cooling passage than it could work ok. Still the rear head location for the temp sender would read at a little hotter tempature than if the sender being at the front of the head this is due to the water pump / t stat housing location and operation. Good luck (y) :nod:

where is the sending unit ona 250? A NPT location on head? Readily available @ big box stores?
I think I left it out on my rebuild. Finishing touches (inc wiring) the old one has dropped from memory. If ever having an ele fan want to save the water neck location for switch there...

Back