Posting pics?

Moderator: Mod Squad

mach1 mark

Posting pics?

Post #1 by mach1 mark » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:14 am

OK I've read the how to post pics about ten times, sorry could someone talk to me like a 4 year old, please. I went on photo buckets and I can copy an IMG tag, a html, or direct link.

So let me get this straight, If am posting a reply on a subject, which one do I ad to the post to get the photo to come up on the post. Not just a link, or is that the only option I have. How do I get the little photo of my car on my profile that everyone else has on there profile. Hey, I also just want to show-off my ride.

mach1 mark

Post #2 by mach1 mark » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:18 am

OK, I did something wrong, can you see that car OK, 8) or should it be bigger. I didn't expect the photo to come up. So how do I get it smaller, any photo bucket experts? How do I get the little photo to come up under my profile.

Stubby
VIP Member

Post #3 by Stubby » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:14 am

I use Imageshack. Using the thumbnails like the top pic will use less bandwidth for the forum and allow those using dialup to access pages faster without waiting for huge pics to load. Once you figure out the max width for pics to avoid streching the windows wider, it makes browsing nicer, you don't have to bother with the slider bar to read text.

For the avatar, I use Microsoft picture editor that is in Microsoft Office. Just use a photo editor to make the pic fit within the allowable size limit. You will find the limit in your profile close to the bottom. When editing/making them smaller, you should shrink it down only once. If you shrink it and check the properties, and it isn't small enough, undo the first step and do it again. The reason for this is, every time you change a pic, it will lose some quality. Therefore, if you shrink it five times as opposed to one time, it will not be clear.
After you shrink it and store it, link it directly like you did the big pic, no thumbnail.

There, that should be clear as mud.

Also, you can rightclick the bottom pic and save it, then use it for your avatar. I made it the right size.
Never squat with yer spurs on.

ludwig
VIP Member

Post #4 by ludwig » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:40 am

If you are using Photobucket, they have a resize function. It is a tab above the image and you can choose, like, five different sizes including avatar size. Once you make it smaller, you can't go back up. However, the size for 'blogs and e-mail" will be the right one to post in a threat. Just copy it and paste it in your comment. Test it first with the preview button. If it doesn't come up, put the "IMG" tags around it.

In fact, you can go back and resize the one you linked to and it will come up smaller next time. If you still like the bigger version, upload it again with a different name. Photobucket also lets you resize to avatar format.

I'm not committed to Photobucket one way or the other. You might find that Imageshack works better for you. Congrats on getting this far. It only took me three years.

Livin' the dream. Dad n' daughter.

mach1 mark

Post #5 by mach1 mark » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:54 pm

OK, Clicked on the top photo (liked it better) a window opened up with photo on it. Clicked on the http: and clicked copy. Then opened my profile and copied it to my avatar and clicked submit, Did anything happen?

Stubby
VIP Member

Post #6 by Stubby » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:06 pm

You will be able to see it when it happens
Never squat with yer spurs on.

mach1 mark

Post #7 by mach1 mark » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:54 pm

Ya I figured that, I guess I was more asking, what did I do wrong. I guess just a little practice and it will happen for me.

mach1 mark

Post #8 by mach1 mark » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:21 pm

Ok how about this

mach1 mark

Post #9 by mach1 mark » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:22 pm

Tried something didn't work