Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2018 Contributors:
StarDiero75, curts56, DannyG, B RON CO, wsa111, Captainslow42, falconcritter
Econoline, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, 95FordFleetside, turbo6, Max_Effort, WorldChampGramp
cr_bobcat, C.S.Designs, pmuller9, gus91326, rwbrooks50, rocklord, drag-200stang, Big64my79Effie, CNC-Dude, gb500

2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240

Unknown->> S.Wickett, D.Blaine - Please PM me (1966Mustang) and lemme know who you are!

Tetnus

Moderator: Mod Squad

CoupeBoy
VIP Member

Tetnus

Post #1 by CoupeBoy » Wed May 04, 2016 4:41 pm

As I've stated before, I'm a hoarder who has NO PLANS to quit any time soon.

I've got a nice daily driver, and I am working on my next (hopeful) daily driver

I've been lazily shopping for an old 2wd truck. Basic transportation, exterior sheet metal is a plus, no huge holes in the box, and enough metal in the cab floor to keep my feet off the road. I'll repair or upgrade all mechanical systems (steering/suspension/brakes/heater) and I will be upgrading the suspension to 3/4t specs if I end up with a 1/2t, I want to be able to pull whatever I want.

To power this project:
I've got an offenhauser 360 intake and a set of Hooker headers for a 300
and a ZF5speed out of a 1992 F250 (had a 4.9L), Dad pulled it all during the 'Cash for Clunkers' debacle, and shoved it into the hatch of a Fiesta for safe keeping.
Man this thing is HUGE when you are used to looking at 3.03/SROD/T10's...
Last weekend I ended up spending 2 days back on the farm, which is a rare occurrence; so I did some shopping, my family also jokingly calls this sort of trip "taking inventory".

Day 1 was spent in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere ND, an awesome little town with ZERO AT&T reception.

I forgot to actually check the years on these, so most are my best guess..

The first truck I looked at was a bonafide Camper Special with the tire holder built into the side of the box.
1975 F250 2wd

Stupidly, I glazed past this one
1975/76 F150 SuperCab 4wd (I didn't realize it was 1/2t until I was reviewing my pictures later)

I would like to find out if the seller is interesting in parting with this one,
1953? F100 short/step side 2wd

1966 F250

Another 1966 F-?? (I forgot to look at badges or tires)

The crew cab is probably too far gone
And I already have a 1975 F250 crew cab/short bed on a 1978 crew cab 4wd frame.
1973-1977 F250 2wd

If I were to pick one of these trucks today, it would probably be this one though, It reminds me a lot of the 1970 F100 I drove in highschool. The one I drove had a 240/3OTT, this one has a manual, unsure of motor (don't care).
1971 F100 2wd long bed

Another 1970/71 F150 long bed
Its not bad, but on the passenger side
It does have this crinkled part.

Not a contender for rebuild, but this truck does have factory AC, which I would like to add to my '75 F250 Crew Cab

This
1965 F100
is holding up pretty well.

1975-79 SuperCab just sitting there..

Not for sale.
The guy who owns this particular yard O'fords also has this old ford crew cab, which is now powered by a 12v cummins.

This guy also had a few old Ford cars
1960/61 Falcons
This next one, I need to find out his asking price.

This one was OK, but the moss, and the hole in the floor made it a little less desirable.
Daylight through the floorboard...
Aside from the moss and a few dents in the tail light area, the outside looked pretty decent.
This poor station wagon has seen better days.

And that ends Day 1.

I did not take pictures of ALL the cars and trucks, only the ones I'd actually be interested in owning.

The guy who owns these cars gave me permission to go shopping and said that most if not all are for sale.
However upon returning with a phone full of pictures to find out if they were for sale and how much.. he was not anywhere to be found.
I stopped by his work and they would not give me his personal cellphone number, only his work number and a recommended time/day to call.
1968 Mustang Daily Driver Rebuild (on hold for the Season 3/1/2015)
1963.5 Falcon Convertible Build (just getting started 3/15/2015)
Case 1830 Skidsteer FordSix Repower Thread (started 4/4/2015)
1970 170/C4
1967 200/C4
1965 240/bellhousing/flywheel/clutch/3.03 bell pattern
1975 250/flexplate
1975 300/flywheel

CoupeBoy
VIP Member

Re: Tetnus

Post #2 by CoupeBoy » Wed May 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Day 2

I made a stop on the way to Dad's house to check out this F600, I'd put the cab on a different frame.
Sadly the guy selling it wasn't home, and when I called him on his cellphone it was far too loud for him to hear me.

I wasn't really at Dad's house to find any *new* project, I was there to get the VINs from a pair of trucks that I already own that don't have titles

1965 F100

And
1966 F100

But while I was there, I did end up looking at this '72 F100 (it strikes me as a very ugly color combination for some reason)

And then I had other reasons to be there, I was curious to know if he had any 2.3L powered cars/trucks that might be a good fit for me to play with the 2.0 Zetec I bought a while back.
Zetec -- FordSix Forum

he had this Ranger 2wd/2.3L/manual

And way out in the trees, he had this mid 70's Bobcat, which HAD a 2.3L/Auto in it.
The transmission is still in it, and I'll grab it next time I go.

And then I also had a few things to look up for my skidsteer engine swap.
Case 1830 Skidsteer -- FordSix Forum -- Other Projects Section
This is the previous motor a GM 2.5L i4, Dad said I should look at how the flywheel was recessed for the pump drive flange.
And then up in the front of his yard, he still has an industrial 200 from a Swather, I wanted to see *if* it had a governor and if so, how did it hook up.

It had one, it looked like this when it was connected
The governor hung off a bracket bolted to a cast iron thermostat housing
I said it *had* a governor, because I took off the carb, linkage, governor, and thermostat housing and took them home for my skidsteer motor swap

That ends the shopping at Dad's house, next I was off to his cousin's farmstead..

CoupeBoy
VIP Member

Post #3 by CoupeBoy » Wed May 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Not a truck, but I may have to go back for this..
300/C4

If I liked Jeeps... (he says he doesn't have a title)

A 1958 or 59, if I swung that way.

My Dad is supposed to own this one, I can't remember, I thought he said it was a '73 or 74.

This was the one I went to look at specifically.
1965 F100 2wd

I knew he had this also and I wanted to look at how the governor setup looked, I did ask the price on this unit and he said $300 (ouch)
It had 2 huge (visible) cracks in the NON-HD exhaust manifold

I still have no idea how this governor is supposed to work, it doesn't have any provision to hook up throttle to the governor itself, only to the carb.

And that ends my photography spree for a while.

64 200 ranchero

Post #4 by 64 200 ranchero » Sat May 07, 2016 1:12 am

the 50's F100 would be a nice project for a 300
60 ford ranchero 200 tri power, modified c4 trans, performance ds2 distributor, msd 6, 3 stage retard, weber ict's, 8" rear end with spool, 3.40 gears, CI dual out header, Flowmaster, 90hp wet nitrous kit.