Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2018 Contributors:
StarDiero75, curts56, DannyG, B RON CO, wsa111, Captainslow42, falconcritter
Econoline, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, 95FordFleetside, turbo6, Max_Effort, WorldChampGramp
cr_bobcat, C.S.Designs, pmuller9, gus91326, rwbrooks50, rocklord, drag-200stang, Big64my79Effie, CNC-Dude, gb500

2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry

Unknown->> M.Ketterer, T.Smith, J.Myers, P.McIntire - Please PM me (1966Mustang) and lemme know who you are!

1960 Ranchero leaf spring interchange

Moderator: Mod Squad

64 200 ranchero

1960 Ranchero leaf spring interchange

Post #1 by 64 200 ranchero » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:41 am

I recently went with larger wheels and tires and now have a tire rubbing issue. I'm currently on stock springs with 1.5" lowering blocks and believe that it is rubbing due to the sloppy side movement caused by the blocks. I would like to find some springs that will drop the rear without using blocks. I remember that someone had a leaf spring interchange list on a post a while back. I don't mind if I have to relocate the rear spring perches.
60 ford ranchero 200 tri power, modified c4 trans, performance ds2 distributor, msd 6, 3 stage retard, weber ict's, 8" rear end with spool, 3.40 gears, CI dual out header, Flowmaster, 90hp wet nitrous kit.

frozenrabbit

Re: 1960 Ranchero leaf spring interchange

Post #2 by frozenrabbit » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Are you running Ranchero springs or sedan/coupe springs?

Sedan/coupe springs have less arch, but I don't know the height difference. I believe there is also a different in spring rating.

I've got a '62 I'm working on, Maverick 8" and sedan springs, but I haven't had it on the ground yet, replacing previous hack quality installed lower quarters, and stripping the underside.

I've got a pair of 1" blocks and 2" blocks, with 1" offset to move the axle back 1". To me, the rear axle on Falcons and Rancheros is set too far forward in the rear wheel arches. The blocks give a little more forward clearance for the tire. That changes the drive shaft length, but I need a new one any way due to the 8" and 3.03 trans swap I've done.

Maybe go with a reverse eye spring or have yours back-arched?

If you have a reputable spring shop close to you, they can make just about any dimension/rating spring you would want.