You'd think I'd learn..

Moderator: Mod Squad

80broncoman
Global Moderator

Post #1 by 80broncoman » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:26 pm

I would not be scared of it, But I would rule out any powerbraking
or drag strip starts or that sort until it is fixed.
If the pinion is anything like mostthen it is engaged with usally 3 teeth of the ring gear at any one time.
Jim
OAPSE Union Member

Real men don't wear Bowties
When it come to engines If its .001 loose nobody knows, But if its .001 too tight EVERYBODY KNOWS!!
80 bronco FUV (farm utility vehicle)300 T-18 3.50s EFI head, offy C dual plenum, 500 edel carb, 1.7 roller rockers, Crane 260 cam EFI Exh

addo
VIP Member

Post #2 by addo » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:30 am

You're not a commercial operation. You are in fact doing the buyer a favour by being brutally honest.

Caveat emptor to the next owner! It should run for miles, anyway.

+68coupe+

Post #3 by +68coupe+ » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:12 am

Al,

That's a bummer. One more reason to put it together and enjoy it rather than sell it to someone else who will not take care of all the hours you've invested. Don't let it go finish it the right way and add it to your sable of ponies. IMHO

Bob

CobraSix
VIP Member

Post #4 by CobraSix » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:39 am

I've got that spare 8" rear still. Maybe we can tear that one apart too. That sounds like another fun night of banging things up. When I bring the 68 spindles over, we can decide what we want to do. I'm still tempted to get a brake kit for the 65 spindles I have and that would leave the 68 V-8 spindles for you. Interested?

Slade
Slade
My Website
My How to's

Engine: 200 CI, Oz 250 modified for 4V Holley 390CFM, DS II Ignition, 40kV Flamethrower, MSD Digital 6+
Drivetrain: Cable Clutch, V-8 T5, 8" 5 Lug Rear End, 5-Lug SSBC Front Brakes, 3.40:1 Posi

CobraSix
VIP Member

Post #5 by CobraSix » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:03 am

The other 8" has 2.79 gears in unknown condition. We can always compare the condition of the 2.79 and 3.00 gears and see which are the best. I still have to order a new gear set for the 8" going in the vert. Waiting for the next payday or tax refund...Most of this project is being funded by my tax refund.

Slade
Slade

My Website

My How to's

Engine: 200 CI, Oz 250 modified for 4V Holley 390CFM, DS II Ignition, 40kV Flamethrower, MSD Digital 6+

Drivetrain: Cable Clutch, V-8 T5, 8" 5 Lug Rear End, 5-Lug SSBC Front Brakes, 3.40:1 Posi

Asa
Location: Tampa, Tallahassee, Hangin out in some Florida woods somewhere

Post #6 by Asa » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:45 am

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!
maybe your subconcious is fighting against the fact that you want to sell?
*shrug*

now that you've decided to sell it, would your wife have a problem with it being around long enough to take it all apart and put it all together again?
and once it is back together again, do you have decent wheels and rubber to put on it once it's time to sell? image is everything, and if someone sees plain steelies on it they'll be less inclined to buy, despite everything done to it

i just see it as a huge mess, if i were you, i'd just finish what you were going to do with the shocks and whatever detail work you had started, finish it all and sell it with a disclaimer that the rear-end is somewhat damaged
maybe add in the fact that you have the MII setup and the 8" rear-end and you're willing to install it for a fee, but i wouldn't do all that extra work once you've decided to sell
Right and Wrong are just words, what matters is what you do

Susie - a work in progress
Clyde - ya mule!

CobraSix
VIP Member

Post #7 by CobraSix » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:21 pm

I think the muffin man is right...

Slade
Slade

My Website

My How to's