Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

need info on coil overs for 71 Maverick

Moderator: Mod Squad

my way

need info on coil overs for 71 Maverick

Post #1 by my way » Wed May 13, 2015 11:16 am

Would like to convert 71 Maverick to coil overs in front. Need Ideas on spring rates and length of coil over.
My Way

aribert

Re: need info on coil overs for 71 Maverick

Post #2 by aribert » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:37 am

Out of curiosity - why thinking of do the coil over conversion?
61 , Deluxe trim & original 54 yr old factory padded dash. Custom interior, stock color base/clear, 275K mi, My car for the last 47 years (OK, first decade "ownership" from the left rear seat). '78 200, 3.03 manual trans, '73 dist w/ points & TFI ign, Weber32/36, 15 wheels Image

91 F150 4.9 almost stock

rommaster2

Re: need info on coil overs for 71 Maverick

Post #3 by rommaster2 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:58 pm

While i don't have the measurements you would need, i would recommend looking to see if you can find specs on the already available products. I have been out of the game for a while but if memory services me correctly (as well as a quick google search seemed to imply) your maverick uses a similar enough if not the same front end design as mustangs and falcons would use which means that parts like shocks and struts and control arms should cross over. The only parts if i remember correctly that arent necessarily direct cross overs are ones that are measured by the width of the car (sway bars, center links, etc...).

There are plenty of options already available no need necessarily to reinvent the wheel. If you are hellbent on a more custom setup you will most likely be doing a lot of the measurement and work yourself because most people just use the standard suspension setup where even performance parts are relatively cheap and available.

http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/fcoc-fd.html

here is an example of an available product. Check out their technical data sheet, it seems to have some basic information at least about spring rates they offer.