Pulling the trigger on a Steeroids setup

Moderator: Mod Squad

caveblazin

Pulling the trigger on a Steeroids setup

Post #1 by caveblazin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:59 am

I'm about to purchase the Steeroids setup due to ease of setup BUT wanted to hear from anyone who is actually running this setup. My car is a 66 and came stock with no PS so its obvious I'll be running a PS pump now and converting all this over. Anyone here do similar setup and have any issues? Would you recommend another setup thats better and still removes the "Speer o death"?

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Re: Pulling the trigger on a Steeroids setup

Post #2 by bubba22349 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:31 am

caveblazin wrote:I'm about to purchase the Steeroids setup due to ease of setup BUT wanted to hear from anyone who is actually running this setup. My car is a 66 and came stock with no PS so its obvious I'll be running a PS pump now and converting all this over. Anyone here do similar setup and have any issues? Would you recommend another setup thats better and still removes the "Speer o death"?

That looks like a nice setup, that's well engineered. As far as another set up that gets rid of the stock steering box aka "Speer of Death" for safety you can adapt and use the latter model box from a Mustang or even the Granada's. :hmmm: Will it give same results or operate as nice as that kit? Not likely. There is also the Borgeson Power Steering Conversion Boxes that can be bolted right in. Good luck on your project :nod: Edited
A bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

I am still hunting for a project car to build but with my current low budget it's not looking so good. My Ex- Fleet of Sixes these are all long gone! :bang: 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.