Spring perches

Moderator: Mod Squad

62Cometman

Spring perches

Post #1 by 62Cometman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:55 am

I am in the process of replacing a bunch of my suspension parts but getting to the point where I should consider getting some spring perches, IIRC my original perches use a greaseable bronze bushing and I've heard from others that these are superior to most replacement rubber bushing ones. Should I just reuse my originals and clean them up and maybe replace the rubber insulating pads on them or would it be worth while to get new ones anyway?
1962 Mercury Comet 170 ci, 2.77 Trans, 3.10:1 7.25 rear.
She ain't fast but she's fun. 8)

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Re: Spring perches

Post #2 by bubba22349 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:38 pm

If your talking about the lower spring / shock mounts, and the orginals are still in good condition yes then use them they are better then the rubber bushing types for performance driving use. The only better ones are to use the roller spring conversion kit. If you just want lower maintance i.e. not needing to grease them and for regular street driving then the rubber ones are a good way to go. This is the only reason Ford started useing the rubber bushings it was for less cost and less Maintance. Save the originals though and if you want to sell them people like me will be interested in them for a perforance build up. Good luck on your rebuild :nod:
A bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

I am still hunting for a project car to build but with my current low budget it's not looking so good. My Ex- Fleet of Sixes these are all long gone! :bang: 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.