Trying to find info - pilot bearing (C1110Q) - manual transm

Moderator: Mod Squad

waztmp

Trying to find info - pilot bearing (C1110Q) - manual transm

Post #1 by waztmp » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:43 pm

Hi - new to this forum.... I am needing help in trying to see a schematic / picture of a pilot bearing on a 200 CI 6 cylinder. The part # is C1110Q - and refers to 13 pieces; how are these 13 pieces arranged in order to successfully install the clutch/pressure plate onto the flywheel, and re-install the bellhousing? I purchased a used engine from a salvage yard, and believe it was connected to an automatic transmission previously. my goal is to install this engine with the 3-speed manual transmission in my 1961 Econoline P/U. Any help is appreciated...

66 E100 Pickup

Post #2 by 66 E100 Pickup » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:55 am

I am not sure I follow your question. Can't you just take the MT parts, flywheel, and clutch off your old engine and bolt them on the new? The assembly from the block back is 1) plate between engine/bellhousing 2) flywheel 3) pilot bushing 4) clutch disc 5) pressure plate 6) throwout bearing 7) bellhousing 8) MT. There's usually 6 bolts for the pressure plate to flywheel.

What year 200 did you get? Starting in about '66, they began coming with the stronger 7 main setup. Your '61 engine is likely a 144 and has a slightly different block size. There were 4 main 200 cubic inch engines produced in '65.

John

waztmp

Post #3 by waztmp » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:37 am

Well, the engine that was in the P/U I think was a 144..(I bought the P/U a week earlier from an elderly lady - who did not have all of the specs on the truck). The engine threw a rod, and knowing that I was going to get a 200 6 cylinder (hearing that it is a direct swap), I just removed the flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate - and proceeded to the salvage yard to pick up the 200 with the core exchange. The 200 is out of a 81 Fairmont, and has the Duraspark electronic ignition distributor.
Most of the video film clips I have seen on the Internet shows that the pilot bearing being a 1 piece bearing/bushing; that is why I am puzzled about the 13 pieces for this needle-bearing type....

mustang6
VIP Member

Post #4 by mustang6 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:38 pm

I think you are just looking at an exploded diagram of a pilot bearing with all of it's caged rollers and such drawn separately. I've never seen those pieces serviced separately unless you look in a bearing supply manual or something. If you purchased one of those it would be a single part number and single integrated unit. I thought they still ran pilot bushings into the 80's (those are definitely 1 piece!) but if it calls for a bearing that will work fine.
Scott

68 Mustang 200 ci, Aussie 250-2V head, Dual Headers, Comp Cams 252H, DSII w/MSD 6AL, T-5, V8 suspension.

65 Ranchero 200 ci, late 170 head, Autolite 1101, 3.03 3 speed, Maverick 8" 4 lug rear with 3.55 gears.

mutt
VIP Member

Post #5 by mutt » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:39 pm

often Ford didnt finish the pilot bush hole in the crank if the crank was going into an automatic car/truck. Most domestic pilot bngs Ive come across are bronze bushings....and Ive seen needle bng types in furrin rigs.
You might measure the hole in the crank, the diameter of the pilot shaft, & go to a bearing specialty supply house for one, as they are sold demensionally....

vtvan

Post #6 by vtvan » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:53 pm

I have the same problem. I bought the wrong 200 ci motor.
you have the big bellhousing motor that never had a standard
trans.you can use a automatic but the modification for a stick .
involves a small V8 bellhousing,new redrilled flywheel and your
stock trans will not fit this bellhousing. :(