Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40, mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry, rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad, drag-200stang, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, Jimmys61falcon, rjonah, Sooshi, Robert92867, Invectivus

PLEASE TEST ON http://dev.fordsix.com

<<<***PLEASE READ*** New Site Update >>>

Major forum upgrade coming soon!

Moderator: Mod Squad

BigBlue94

Re: Major forum upgrade coming soon!

Post #51 by BigBlue94 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:23 am

Fullsize bronco .com has been on Xenforo for about 6 months now. It's a disaster. Not because of xenforo, but because of the company that owns FSB doesnt care about us because they have 1000s of auto forums. Our participation is down at least 50%. Many site functions are gone. It's a cluster fkkk. Many people havent been seen since the change.

I am glad to see that this site is more set on properly moving, and not rushing things.

They recently implemented the option for two factor ID but idk if many are using it.
1985 Bronco. 309ci I6, NP435, 4.56 gears, Detroit locker and tru-trac, 4" lift, and 37" swamper tires. The 309 is 9.75:1 CR with a Schneider 140H cam, 4bbl, roller rockers, larger valves, and headers.

chad

2 xx authentication

Post #52 by chad » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:00 am

Thnx,
Perry sent us a msg abt 2_authentication. Y do U think some use / some not?
Is it helping when done? How can U tell.

Some bds I'm on R way too content heavy for me & I kinda stay off (BBS, vBulletin, Internet Brands, pHBsomerdaodder).
Ur right, this 1 stays right sized...
"Big thing is only make one change at a time. Change 2 or more things at a time it becomes difficult to figure which change helped or hurt" turbo2256b » 1/16/2017
Chad - '70 LUEB on '77 frame (i.e. PS, D44, trapezoidal BB 9", 4.11), '69 250ci, NV 3550 & DSII, "T" D20/PTO, 2" SL, 1" BL, 4 discs, 33"X15", tool boxes, etc. Seeking: Hydraulic gear motor for Koenig pto. chrlsful@aol.com

super4ord

Post #53 by super4ord » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:41 pm

I hate 2 factor. It has is places of use I guess in high risk online accounts such as anything financial, but this is just a forum. I think it is overkill on a simple car forum.
1978 Zephyr Reverse Trike 200 Inline 6/C4...Slowly Progressing Project
1980 Mustang Coupe 200 Inline 6/T-5/7.5 rear 4.10 LS...Upgrading Hotrod Project
1983 F-150 longbed 347 stroker/C4/8.8 rear 3.55 gears...new hotrod project
2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel Wagon Ecotec 2.2L 4 cyl auto...Daily Driver
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 3.6L Bent6...Wife's Daily Driver

chad

2 xx authentication

Post #54 by chad » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:31 pm

cept it keeps the hackers down?
"Big thing is only make one change at a time. Change 2 or more things at a time it becomes difficult to figure which change helped or hurt" turbo2256b » 1/16/2017
Chad - '70 LUEB on '77 frame (i.e. PS, D44, trapezoidal BB 9", 4.11), '69 250ci, NV 3550 & DSII, "T" D20/PTO, 2" SL, 1" BL, 4 discs, 33"X15", tool boxes, etc. Seeking: Hydraulic gear motor for Koenig pto. chrlsful@aol.com

mustang6
VIP Member

Post #55 by mustang6 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:32 am

A good balance on the use of 2-factor auth might be to ensure that anyone with admin privileges on the site uses it, regular users not as critical. If a regular user account gets hacked it's not the end of the world, if an admin gets hacked it can hurt the whole site.
Scott

68 Mustang 200 ci, Aussie 250-2V head, Dual Headers, Comp Cams 252H, DSII w/MSD 6AL, T-5, V8 suspension.

65 Ranchero 200 ci, late 170 head, Autolite 1101, 3.03 3 speed, Maverick 8" 4 lug rear with 3.55 gears.

chad

2Xauthentication

Post #56 by chad » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:37 am

aahhh, more interesting details (new 2 me, thnx!)
:thumbup:
Some of the bds R money makin for 1 guy (or more), the admin. Not so here.
We got reg workin stiffs volunteering their (free) time. Being volunteer run I'd like to have the balance toward
a reduced wrk load 4 them. We fail when they become over wrked.

Once a mo (or so, is that right?) we get some kinda glitch so I think another update is needed (this 'upgrade').
We need to keep adding fresh blood (new guys). Finding one's way, getting on the forums, can't B an onerous
odiferous (pew) :roll: :lol:
process. 2xauto duz not concern me there...
(I may B ignorant)

arse_sidewards

Post #57 by arse_sidewards » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:43 am

Three things:

1)

It's 2020. There's no excuse for not having 2fa on the admin accounts. Even SMS 2fa would be a huge improvement. Please implement 2fa. This forum gets "hacked" way too often (seems like annually) to not at least make a decent effort about security.

2)

Can we please, please up the image quota. Storage is cheap and this forum has much more permanence than any of the image hosting sites we use.

3)

Related to #2, can we have some transparency with regard to upkeep costs for the forum. In order to have productive group discussion about things like backups, image hosting, security, etc (all of which cost money on some level) we need to have access to the numbers.
1994 F150 4x4 8ft, engine is basically stock.

66" leafs, extended radius arms, lockers in both ends, nothing special.

1966Mustang
Administrator

CLOSER! Re: Major forum upgrade coming soon!

Post #58 by 1966Mustang » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:05 am

Hello,

The https://dev.fordsix.com site is up and the has been refreshed a couple of days ago (Oct 20) . The upgrade process will be tested at least one more time, but I want to get some feedback. The biggest part of the upgrade is setting the permissions and roles after all the data is migrated over - The good news is that it is much easier than previous attempts.

I reviewed the feedback in this thread.

Here are the things that are working:
- 2-Factor Authentication (optional, not forced), but admins/moderators will be asked to enable it. See: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/t ... nts.99881/
- On registration - user needs to authenticate their email. Then Mod approves user. Welcome email goes out. Then user goes into a moderation queue until 5 posts (or however many we want)
- Upload Quota is 'huge'
- User Albums (sorry, but all those albums here will have to be re-created on the new site )
- User promotions - i.e. - New Users are moderated until 5 posts, Users with 2000+ posts are VIP
- I've tested moderating my own stuff, which gets boring... If you're a real mod - see if you can mod stuff.
- 'General Tech - Read Only' forum - is read only. Most of those posts/topics probably belong in their discreet areas going forward.

Things we'll have to figure out after the migration - these are the harder parts (but important):
- Rewrite links in posts that look like:
/viewtopic\.php$
to go to the right new place - to preserve our Google/SEO.
- CI Archive migration to the 'Resources' module - this will be a long term project with multiple people doing some work to convert the HTML to a more friendly format. Alternatively, it can stay at ci too.
- Cleaning up / recreating any broken links/attachents - I'm not sure the extent of this issue yet

Misc thoughts:
- We don't really get 'hacked' here - not in the sense that we've been 'down' because of a hack of the software or the hardware.
- Sometimes there's SSL certificate issues (that's a software issue I can't seem to fix on this current server)
- We have control over the existing DNS servers now... (still don't 'own' the name though)

So - go beat up on https://dev.fordsix.com - your regular users/logins should work - but feel free to test out the register a new account process.

Thanks,

Perry
'65 Mustang Coupe, C4, DUI, CompCams 260, Addco 1", StreetOrTrack Front Bilstein Coilover System, Bilstein Rear Shocks, 4-1/2 leaf springs.

Support our forum:
Like us on Facebook, watch us on YouTube, Buy FordSix Gear , Make a Donation!

chad

Post #59 by chad » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:02 am

loos good ta me bra.
I saw no specific Admin Forum so 'replied' here.
Like the familiarity of Same Index !
Will have more after more use!
Thanx 4 ur wrk Perry !
Like my bronk (project), no rush, all in enjoyment, no negatives~

clintonvillian

Post #60 by clintonvillian » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:46 am

I like the new forum! Great work guys!

When will the stickys be transferred over, or are they there and I missed them?

chad

Post #61 by chad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:26 am

have U looked under "Articles" a tippy top tab?

clintonvillian

Post #62 by clintonvillian » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:47 pm

I only see 3 articles...…..

Also, are the threads started on here not automatically updating/loading over there, or is it pretty much 2 separate forums?

chad

Post #63 by chad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:00 pm

pretty sure a single man wrks volunteer on this -
(while holding down a FT job, family, etc).
a good deal of grunt wrk (I would not like to try)...

wonderin if U have some skill? wondering if U have some time, if you'd like to assist?
( no commitment, just curious) :twisted:

clintonvillian

Post #64 by clintonvillian » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:23 pm

LOL, please don't think I was griping, because I am not. Honestly I was just trying to figure out which forum I should be posting to. It seems like some guys are there, and some are here...

So I am assuming it doesn't automatically transfer from this older forum to the new one?

I could help, but I am afraid I probably lack the skill in coding.... Now if it is copy paste, I could actually probably help out with that.

chad

Post #65 by chad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:40 pm

"...automatically transfer..."
nononono :nono:
lotsa work.
I been here long enuff 2 C us 'migrate' once. Yes guys do as said but the reality is
we really hang here, go over there to try it out, wait for Perry to sorta kick it off,
then 'migrate' (desert the ol).

"...I could actually probably help out..."
that's great: post up to " 1966 Mustang " - C if he can use ya?

Cool23

Post #66 by Cool23 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:02 pm

Due to identity theft I got locked out of the HAMB and then banned from the Garage Journal. To date I have not been able to make any contact with forum Admin to resolve the issue. If this issue happens on this forum with the change over you can expect issues. I was a Moderator on the Garage Journal forum so the whole thing is a total nightmare.
V8's are great but Six Inlines Just Fine. Cummins Advert.

The link to my project on this forum http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41598

chad

Post #67 by chad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:30 pm

Yes that IS.
Can't other members help?

One of our folks hada puter glitch fora long time (9 mo? can't remember x ack a lee) w/nother (model) affiliated site.
I was finally able to help w/sending a screen shot or something he could not cuz they were unable to talk together. Whatever I did (simple, not time consuming - just 2, 3 posts - one to him, 1 to them, nother?) fixed it pretty quick...

Let me know of a similar situation if I might B helpful...
(gotta stick 2 get her here, no?)

Cool23

Post #68 by Cool23 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:41 am

chad wrote:Yes that IS.
Can't other members help?

One of our folks hada puter glitch fora long time (9 mo? can't remember x ack a lee) w/nother (model) affiliated site.
I was finally able to help w/sending a screen shot or something he could not cuz they were unable to talk together. Whatever I did (simple, not time consuming - just 2, 3 posts - one to him, 1 to them, nother?) fixed it pretty quick...

Let me know of a similar situation if I might B helpful...
(gotta stick 2 get her here, no?)

:thumbup: Issue came about back in March and a few have tried to help but the admin of those forums is stubborn and to date I have become a mushroom. A simple issue of identity theft and I was locked out of the HAMB then removed as a Moderator and banned from the Garage Journal. I really do not want to see that issue happen on this forum when it migrates to the new platform.

The link to my project on this forum http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41598

chad

persona non-grata ona consistently 'attended' forum

Post #69 by chad » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:05 am

I've noticed some hot tempers, big egos, and testostorone flairs on these webs.
I think long term 1:1 relationships among members, -0-$ on the line (no adverts & other 'increasing the stakes' occurances) and other adjustments help with giving a lill to assist one another (rather than simply hitting a 'delete' button, so much easier to do).

"...do not want to see that..."
yeah! 3X seems a lill much. I am on HAMB but not 'a player'. Let me no if of use...

I DO C ur 'name' on a (or several?) other forums.
I use the same 1 (chrlsful) everywhere I go...
(oh, wait, been on this 1 so long - 4got...has my 'born nick name').

Cool23

Re: persona non-grata ona consistently 'attended' forum

Post #70 by Cool23 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:41 pm

chad wrote:I've noticed some hot tempers, big egos, and testostorone flairs on these webs.
I think long term 1:1 relationships among members, -0-$ on the line (no adverts & other 'increasing the stakes' occurances) and other adjustments help with giving a lill to assist one another (rather than simply hitting a 'delete' button, so much easier to do).

"...do not want to see that..."
yeah! 3X seems a lill much. I am on HAMB but not 'a player'. Let me no if of use...

I DO C ur 'name' on a (or several?) other forums.
I use the same 1 (chrlsful) everywhere I go...
(oh, wait, been on this 1 so long - 4got...has my 'born nick name').

Issue for me is identity theft. No hot egos or any thing else. Some one with the same name ( my name and not a logon name) simply stole my access and the forum admin has left me locked out. Disapointed here as I helped the admin sort out an issue some time ago when some one used his HAMB logo to make stickers. I have also lost photos I kept on both the HAMB and Garage Journal.

I just hope the change over here works well.

chad

Post #71 by chad » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:00 pm

just saw ur 'cummins advert" line, funny.
Just puta 12v ina buddie's '72 chebby table top ('tilt bed' we'd say). He's not happy w/the transmish came w/it (oem in the dodge). Likes the power as it out performs the '383' he just had machined , we assembled, adapted, installed. May put the NV4500 a ZF 5 speed or nother manny behind it. I'm tryin to find him an allison 5 or 6.

Anyway, sounds like you could not have had it worse, condolences. Surprised U stay at ur puter...
:beer: