Thank you for your interest in, and patience regarding, the alloy cylinder head. We are getting close to getting them. I received an update from the foundry last week. Due to the length of time since the last order, there was a delay getting the intake and exhaust runners made. This has caused the timing to slip by about one month. There will be some time required for final assembly as well. I now hope to begin shipping by the end of March. Once the final assembly is done on each head, I will be shipping them. I will not be waiting until all are ready. Orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis, unless there are special instructions that may delay final assembly.
In order to ensure I have adequate supplies of optional and incidental parts, please let me know if you intend to order any of the following with your alloy head:
- Head gasket set
- Engine gasket set
- ARP stud kit- Full kit or Partial kit (for those who already have studs on a cast iron head)
- Rocker arm assembly- stock adjustable, 1.6 ratio stock style, Yella Terra full roller
- Alloy valve cover-including oil fill plugs, breathers, or PCV options
- Weber carburetor- 32/36 or 38/38
- Lokar pedal (where available) and throttle/kickdown cables
- Header (includes stainless header stud kit and Classic Inlines style gasket)
- Engine rebuild parts- pistons, bearings, gaskets, etc
- DUI/Duraspark II distributor
- Camshaft (please specify)
- Dress up- Billet thermostat housing, water pump pulley (1V or 2V) natural or polished finish
- Custom head work will be available on request. There will be Street and Street/Strip levels. Details and pricing are not finalized. Due to all work being done at one shop, there will be slight delays based on demand.
You will also need to select the valve springs. This chart will help you make your decision:
This is not an upsell pitch. I hope some of you buy additional parts, but I truly want to make sure I have no delays after the heads become available so I want to order ahead.
Some of you have made certain special requests. Please repeat those requests in your reply.
Thank you very much for your order and your patience. I know this is going to be worth it!