Aluminum Head (intake poll)

AzCoupe

1K+
Departed Member
I guess I need to run a poll to see which intakes you guys want and which will be the most widely used (with the new aluminum head). Then produce the most popular choice first, and so on (respectively). Obviously we won't produce all the ones listed, only the most popular.

EDIT 7-29-07: Here's the poll results. I should also mention that we've figured out a way to make universal manifolds and adaptors, so ALL of the options will be available with just two manifolds.

2V carb- 22%
4V carb - 31%
Triple Sidedraft - 12%
M90 Blower - 8%
EFI with Plenum - 20%
Other - 7%

EFI all the way man 8)
I'm building a 250 ci short block this summer I wanna do it right and do it once caus'e it's gonna gop into my daily driver '66 stang.

Keep Sixn'

Dan Hanna

i hope u have to use a 4brl with the m90 blower so i can have it sticking out of the hood
i think it would look awesome with a blower of to the side

I voted efi, as my long term plans when I get another i6, so far, include the new head, efi, and possibly a turbo in an early 80's capri/stang for auto-x.

light and torquey, and all about fun.

how much of a power increase do you think we will be looking at? any idea on price

wes

I didn't vote.....

but I would like a EFI with plenum...

BUT would consider a 4V intake first to get it running and being that will prob be the first to be built (a 2v plate could always be put on it...or clifford style top plates)

and I always could put my own plenum on a weber style intake.

Mike,

I would go with a 4 barrel. I like not having a computer on my car. The M-90 would be a great power adder with this head.

Bob

I know this is sort of off topic, but as far as mileage goes, how would a 4v, 2v and EFI compare?

Also, in the same vein, any idea how the efficiency of this head would compare with a log head? I seems since the design flows so much better it should get better gas mileage (if driven conservatively)

this head will out perform the stock log head considerably from wut ive read

i think the either the 2brl or the efi would yield the best gas mileage if tuned right

what if a 390 holley was ran with vac seconadries on it? it woudl seem if they were tunued to open at a very low manifold pressure (IE late) that you could really pull some decent milage down compared to a 2v carb.

surely EFI will yield the best milage if tuned for it. but the key thing in that would be having a way to adjust your timing curve electronicaly (I am looking at a crank trigger setup so I can simply change maps for power or milage)

Voted 4V - sooooo much carbs to choose from, and easy to adapt a throttle plate to give air to injectors if wanted...affordable performance too.

I voted dual 2V setup as preferance. It would be perfect wiyh 2 2305 Holleys.

Personaly I feel a nice 4V with a realy nice 2V adapter would fill most orders nicely. It would allow some flexability. I realise it wouldn't fit the plan of being designed to optimise it for each setup but it will be sooo much better than what is currently available I don't think anyone would cry.

I said nice adapter!!! It makes me cringe at the thought of a cheap Mr Gasket adapter on such a work of art. :LOL:

4V, simple amd lots of options, fits with my plan for next winter (bottom end strengthening, balancing and cam).

Stubby said:
Personaly I feel a nice 4V with a realy nice 2V adapter would fill most orders nicely. It would allow some flexability.

I didn't vote either as I have three Aussie Intakes one 2V and two 4V, but having both Stubby has the right idea if you can only make one Intake to start with the 4v can be used with a adapter plate and used with a Holly 2V.

Back