Aluminum Head Update 6/3/07

I can now say I know what you mean. I am hoping that taking the engine to one of the most respected builders in the Puget Sound was worth it.

I just found out less than an hour ago that the engine is complete. I am sitting here beaming! I am suppose to work late today but I am not getting much done. I should be able to pick it up and deliver to The Mustang Shop, Thursday or Friday.

Who knows maybe I’ll have the car back before I leave on a much needed vacation on the 18th.

I’ll keep you posted on the progress.

Ric.

Slowly but Surly-

I just received a call on the status of the build. The new 8â€￾ Tru-Trak with the later spring perch and rubber isolators are installed. The new pedal assembly and vacuum assist canister is installed. The block less the intake is installed.

The only items left are the adaptor for the 2V intake, the modification to the early Bellhousing to accept the cable clutch fork, modified driveline and all new brake lines.

I need pictures!

I have the last part needed to add the carb to the 2V intake. The adaptor was made by Lacoq Machineworks here in Seattle (helps to have friends). This will accept the four bolt pattern for the 2100/2300 Autolites.

2VAdaptor2100.jpg

Now to clean up the Manifold to match the adaptor and provide nuts and bolts to install.

One step at a time.

are you doing a OZ 250-2v head? isn't that carb going to be a bit small for that application? just curious.

66200i6":3qharvnx said:
I have the last part needed to add the carb to the 2V intake. The adaptor was made by Lacoq Machineworks here in Seattle (helps to have friends). This will accept the four bolt pattern for the 2100/2300 Autolites.

Now to clean up the Manifold to match the adaptor and provide nuts and bolts to install.

One step at a time.

This will be used on the new Al Head. With the new intake not ready yet the 2V is the closest match to get the new 200 running. I will be going to the new intake or designing one myself to better suit this high flow head.

I just finished hogging out the 2V to match the addaptor this evening. I will be making a gasket and shortening up the Caphead fasteners to get it ready to deliver to the shop Monday.

I found a manual choke "1.02" 2100 to use to get the engine started and broke in. Once the new intake is ready I will be using a 4100 that also has the same size primaries. This should be fine to get the tunning started.

Well the 2V adaptor plate installation turned out pretty good. I had provided dimensions for the carb studs that were slightly off. With a small amount of filing on the Phenallic spacer, it fit just fine. I also had to open up the stock 2V intake throats to match the 1.6 diameter throat of the Autolite.

2VAdapt5.JPG

2VAdaptCarb2.JPG

This was the last custom part that I had to designed and have built to make this work. After showing this intake setup to John Gardner at Horse Power Ranch (www.hpranch.com), he convinced me to go ahead and make a run and check the output of the new head with this intake.

I will be posting the numbers as soon as I can, Ric.

66200i6":3lmk7kny said:
I will be posting the numbers as soon as I can, Ric.

I, for one, look forward to seeing what you have to report when you are able. Thanks for the update.

Oh, and by the way, that carb adapter looks very professional. Nice work.

:)

I can't take credit for the fab. The design is mine but I do not have the time, nor do I have the equipment to cut or dill accurately. Lacoq Machineworks in Seattle used a CNC to produce the part.

Like I said earlier, it's good to have friends with a hobby like this.

Today “The Mustang Shopâ€￾ in Auburn, Washington had an open house for two of the area Mustang clubs, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club (PCMC) and Pierce County Mustang Club (PCMC). I was able to get a few pic’s of their progress with the Stang. It looks like we may be starting the engine sometime next week.

The items left to complete are Starter, Master Cyl, Break Lines, LocKar Throttle Cable, Drive Line and odds and ends like some under dash and under hood electrical connection.

Stay tuned for a vid of the startup.

More Later, Ric.

Hey Ric, it was nice to run into a fellow FordSixer at TMS this weekend. I was very impressed with your car and am excited to see the engine run with the new head. If you don't mind my showing up at the shop, maybe you can let me know when they plan to have it running. I was so excited to see this sort of buildup happening in my own backyard!

Scott

I have been looking forward to meet other Forum members as well.

I would be happy to let you know. It may be this week sometime.

They still have the starter, battery and Jacobs to get hooked up. Come to think of it a location for the water temp is needed too.

It should be soon, Ric.

Back