Aluminum Head Update 3/13/07

AzCoupe

1K+
Departed Member
Were still waiting for the first dozen to arrive, which should be here by the end of the week (fingers crossed). :unsure:

Once they arrive, I'll be shipping eight of them out to various forum members for testing. We just want to make sure we covered all the bases before ordering a full production run of fifty heads.

We plan to upload our new website sometime this week, or over the weekend, with a few pics of the first batch. The new website will have all the current updates, flow charts, pics, pricing, and an option for placing a deposit for one of the cylinder heads from the first batch. Which should be ready in a month or two. Most of the heads will be shipped via sea freight, but there will be an option for air freight (six weeks faster) for an extra $40-50 bucks.

The new website looks great, I think you guys will like it much better than the current site. Easier to get around, easier to find what your looking for (not hidden on side pages), has a search engine, pop out menus instead of drop down (which I hated because the bottom buttons always went off the screen), loads of photos, a racing section (still under construction), and plans for a huge Tech section (also under construction).

Other than that, not much else to post. Just waiting.............. patiently. ;)

AzCoupe":3giyfaou said:
Were still waiting for the first dozen to arrive, which should be here by the end of the week (fingers crossed). :unsure:

Once they arrive, I'll be shipping eight of them out to various forum members for testing.

I'm game for one of the other 4. As stated before, just let me know what you need, and how...

Mike.

i think the other 4 are going towards other out of car testing like a destruction test too see how much abuse the head can take and testing to see what kind of horsepower gains it gets with various applications

Mustang Boy":1otp1xk5 said:
i think the other 4 are going towards other out of car testing, like a destruction test too see how much abuse the head can take and testing to see what kind of horsepower gains it gets with various applications

CORRECT ;)

Working on new hats.

Does new hats (and shirts?) mean the old ones will be clearance priced sometime soon?

i would love to be able to get a few of the older FSPP shirts before you run out just to have them for old times sake

8)

Im not fashion conscious...

Will there be any clash with wearing a Ford Six Performance Parts T-shirt and a Classic Inlines hat? :LOL:

Wich t-shirt ????? If ya been around long enough there were 3 different ones that I know of.1st was Jacks ford six performance shirt for the site.2nd was done by Mikenson wich had FSPP on the front with gears inside the letters and 3rd was the Ford Six performance ones from Mike.

i must not have been around for the first one if anyone has any pics of them could you post them up i would love to see them

AzCoupe":3tbrhlqx said:
The heads now have injector bosses in the intake runners, so you have a choice of location. Closer to the valve for ecomomy and idle quality, or in the throttle body for performance. It also allows the use of a twelve point system, which is the best of both worlds.

Are those silicon bronze valve guides I spy?

I am concerned about the long-term reliability of the head. Is this a head that we could expect to get 100,000+ daily driver miles out of or is it a race only toy? How are the results of the destructive testing going, especially wear in the areas of the seats and guides?

My apologies if this has been discussed before and I missed it.

8)

Thats one of the things were waiting on is to find out about the destructive tests and the users feedback on durability and performance.

chi the place doign the heads does a good job and have the ability to see the latest 250 well now 240 alloy heads from aus.
and we are getting 250'000+miles 500'000+ km from them.
so i cant see not lasting 100'000+ in standerd operation but i cant see it lasting that long if being asked to make 250hp and all the power used for everyday of the week.

They should see 100,000+ miles when used as a daily driver. As is true with any head, the more power you produce, the greater the stresses, thus the life of a cylinder head (and most other parts) is dependant on the abuse. ;)

Release date depends on how long it takes to get some testing done. We are ready to go right now, but prefer to get some testing done before going full throttle.

I just got word, that the first dozen heads are in LA, and will be released from customs sometime today. So I should have them in my hands by the end of the week. Over the weekend I'll re-package, and come Monday, I'll be shipping ten of the heads to selected forum members for testing.

We will be uploading the new website this week. Which meams we will be posting the prices, and start taking deposits for the first batch of heads. I thought I'd be uploading it this past weekend, but had a few glitches to fix first. Almost done.

Back