Intake update 7-23-07 & 8-23-07

Do you like the intake runners with ribs, or without?

• With

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Without

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
good point, I didn't pick that up. Mike, I think it should be "..accept all OEM..", instead of "except"

Accept = to be able or designed to take or hold

Except = to take or leave out from a number or a whole, exclude

www.m-w.com

wsa111":2f7uwdet said:
will you have heads available with the 1.55 exhaust valve??

YES, we are doing some from the first batch with 1.50s and some with 1.55s.

The next deal is anyone with hooker headers or clifford headers, the center exhaust ports are vertical & do not mate up to the headers. The heads are made so only the aussi headers will align with the center exhaust ports. Do you plan a long tube primary pipe in the 1.5" diameter which will mate with the heads? Looks like us guys with the hookers & clifford headers are looking for a loss of flow from the center exhaust ports the way it is now. Bill

Not sure what you are trying to get at ??? US headers will work fine, maybe not quite as good as the Pacemakers or the FSP header, but they're fine. Here's a pic of my header gasket on a log head, and on the aluminum head. It lines up fine with the ports on both heads. In fact, it matches the aluminum head precisely. If I made the center ports smaller (shorter in height), then everyone would suffer, including my customers that purchased Pacemaker or FSP headers.

CIAexhaust03s.jpg

CIAexhaust04s.jpg

I've also been kicking around the idea of producing a cast header, with perfectly matched flanges, for those who want the utmost gains in exhaust flow. Similar to the Argie cast headers below.
ARheader.jpg

Good catch guys, I didn't see it. I just sent an e-mail to the company that designed the ad, asking them to change it. Thanks.

AzCoupe":2b8vrbrd said:
I've also been kicking around the idea of producing a cast header, with perfectly matched flanges, for those who want the utmost gains in exhaust flow. Similar to the Argie cast headers below.
ARheader.jpg

Way cool, Mike.

Cast iron is easily one of the most durable materials for exhaust manifolds/headers. Compared to a tube header a properly designed cast iron manifold really lasts, is less prone to gasket leaks, and does a better job of keeping the exhaust noise confined to the inside of the exhaust system rather than having it droning in the inside of the passenger compartment.

If you can shape them so they fit most common applications (Falcons, Mustangs, etc.) and flow really well they become a very viable alternative for a lot of folks who would otherwise be thinking about buying a set of tube headers to improve performance, but who are wincing about having to put up with leaks, noise, and rust through.

Great idea.

:)

Fancy cast exhausts? There's probably only two places who could do them now - NZ and China. Three if you count Argentina. French and Italian cars used to have great factory shorties, but small industry for the automotive aftermarket there is pretty much gone. :(

There's a company in Brazil that does them. We talked to them last year at the PRI convention and they'll make whatever we want. Prices were pretty reasonable too. They produce a lot of cast turbo headers, they just don't make one for our sixes. YET..... ;)

AzCoupe":6ahjclmb said:
There's a company in Brazil that does them. We talked to them last year at the PRI convention and they'll make whatever we want. Prices were pretty reasonable too. They produce a lot of cast turbo headers, they just don't make one for our sixes. YET..... ;)

Mike, you are a naughty, naughty tease.

:)

Sing out if you need help with the translation. My father speaks pretty fluent Portuguese, both European and Brazilian versions.

Mike, i can understand what you are saying.
Not sure what you are trying to get at ??? US headers will work fine, maybe not quite as good as the Pacemakers or the FSP header, but they're fine. Here's a pic of my header gasket on a log head, and on the aluminum head. It lines up fine with the ports on both heads. In fact, it matches the aluminum head precisely. If I made the center ports smaller (shorter in height), then everyone would suffer, including my customers that purchased Pacemaker or FSP headers.

You are stuck in a situation, do you want to produce a cylinder head with all exhaust ports the same, which would be the ideal design, or do you produce a head which matches the aussi headers which are shorty designs & the primary pipes are possibly too large for anything but a turbo-charged engine or a fully modified 250" engine.

A choice which can be done with USA headers is widen the two center exhaust ports, weld the top of the 2 center exhaust ports so the transisation on the 2 center exhaust ports will come closer to match the headers.

The restriction on the 2 center exhaust ports may not be a big deal, only flow tests will tell.

The gain from these heads even with the restriction at the top of the 2 center exhaust ports are a giant gain in flow. Bill

I've been waiting for one of these intakes....Now I will wait for a damn Cast exhaust too...to me that beats the hell out of a tube header.

Frank

Frank, the cast exhausts will last forever, but they are shorty primaries pipes, heavy & you will lose performance especially in the low end & mid-range plus not available at this time.

I'm too old a grumpy to screw with tube headers..I've been looking for cast versions for some time...
Now I dont have to look any more just wait and give Classic Inlines my money.
I just rebuilt my 2V OZ head so I'm waiting for the 4V intake.
It will make a good combo in the end...

Just my Two Cents....

Frank

www.PintoWorks.com

:shock: Hi Mike.Just noticed that you need to correct ONE word in the ad that will be in the magazine.The correct spelling should be ACCEPT not EXCEPT.No disrespect intended.Just trying to be helpful.
Leo

Back