New head

Gord

Just when can I order this head, is there a waiting list to get on, is it reasonable to assume I could have one on my race car buy spring 2008, who do I contact about placing the order, is this head for the 300 or just the 240.

gc

Gord":shaqufut said:
Just when can I order this head, is there a waiting list to get on, is it reasonable to assume I could have one on my race car buy spring 2008, who do I contact about placing the order, is this head for the 300 or just the 240.

gc

The current new head (which is apparently beginning to ship now) is for the small sixes -- the 144's, the 170's, the 200's and 250's originally found in vintage Falcons, Mustangs, Mavericks, Fairmonts, and such.

There is also a new head in the works for the big sixes -- the 240's and 300's which were chiefly used in light trucks. That's still in the development stages and I don't know if those will be available for general purchase in time to be installed by next spring. I wouldn't count on it at this point. I do think they will be ready by sometime later next year, however.

If you are interested in a new, high-flow aluminum head for the 300 you may have in your truck, for example, the best source of info about them at this point is probably the thread about that project -- Big Six aluminum head update 9-14 -- which is currently over in the 240-300 "Big Block" Six Performance section of the forum. I have a feeling that thread will eventually migrate to this section, however, as the head gets closer to actual production.

To discuss actually purchasing one of these new heads the folks to contact can be found over at the Classic Inlines web site.

You can contact them directly using the info found on their Contacts Page.

Back