Porting & Polishing The New Head?

A

Anonymous

Mike, Or anyone else

Any ideas on what to do?

I am planning on gasket matching the intake to the head and am having the bigger intake valves installed with a "race" valve job as my machinist puts it.

I allready gasket matched the exhaust ports to the header. Not planning on doing anything more to the intake side.

I would assume that a polish on the exhaust side would help matters.

I'm taking the head back to him and he is going to check it out good since its been "seasoned" and he's going to give me some insite too.

Just looking for more ideas! ;)

Thanks,

Doug

Doug, it would be best not to port match the 250-2V intake to the cylinder head. The production intakes will take care of your concerns, while it is probably better to leave the 250-2V intake left as is, so it still works on a cast iron head. We should have the production intakes ready in a few more weeks, plus they will be modified and machined according to our flow test.

As for porting the cylinder head, we are working on that too. But its going to take a few weeks and several hours on the flow bench. Eventually we plan to put out a tech sheet with various options based on usage. In other words, a full race head is ported differently from a street motor, and we will make recomendations accordingly. Hang in there. ;)

AzCoupe":1wp6je2i said:
Doug, it would be best not to port match the 250-2V intake to the cylinder head. The production intakes will take care of your concerns, while it is probably better to leave the 250-2V intake left as is, so it still works on a cast iron head. We should have the production intakes ready in a few more weeks, plus they will be modified and machined according to our flow test.

As for porting the cylinder head, we are working on that too. But its going to take a few weeks and several hours on the flow bench. Eventually we plan to put out a tech sheet with various options based on usage. In other words, a full race head is ported differently from a street motor, and we will make recomendations accordingly. Hang in there. ;)

Mike,

Going to use the 4 Bbl intake when I gasket match ;)

I'll wait on the rest then...no big rush!

Gotta get the intake & valves 1st before i can do any of the rest of it. :D :D :D

Thanks,

Doug

Back