Intake Valves are here

AzCoupe

1K+
Departed Member
The "Big Brown Truck" just dropped off a box of 184 intake valves. Looks like I'll be busy tonight, boxing them up and printing shipping labels. :D :D :D

Now if we can just get the intake manifolds done. I talked to the foundry last Friday and was told they had ran a batch of ten castings, completed the tooling, and were putting the final touches on the programing. Once machined, I need to make a quick trip to LA to look them over and test fit the manifolds to a cylinder head. If everything looks good and I give the thumbs up, they'll go straight into production.

I also have a shop, here in Phoenix, making up a dozen fabricated intakes for triple Weber/TBI applications, which will be ready in a couple weeks as well.

AzCoupe":2ywzaoc7 said:
I also have a shop, here in Phoenix, making up a dozen fabricated intakes for triple Weber/TBI applications, which will be ready in a couple weeks as well.

Out of aluminum? :D

Will

Does10s":2dvq0kac said:
AzCoupe":2dvq0kac said:

Out of aluminum? :D

Will

YES SIR..... One is for the Ice motor, one for my 66 project, and one to replace the mis-matched intake (OZ250 intake) on the 69SR. The others will be for sale. Still haven't decided if I want to cast the intakes, or just go with fabricated. Cast is cheaper if produced in large quantities, but requires a large investment to produce the patterns. Fabricated cost more per piece, but no front money. It's somewhat of a trade off.

Kewl!! :D :D :D

Mines going straight to the machine shop as soon as they get here!!

Doug

AzCoupe":tg6imb3e said:
Still haven't decided if I want to cast the intakes, or just go with fabricated. Cast is cheaper if produced in large quantities, but requires a large investment to produce the patterns. Fabricated cost more per piece, but no front money. It's somewhat of a trade off.

My opinion......just stick with the fabricated ones. I don't think you'll sell enough of them to justify the up-front cost for the cast ones.

Thanks for gettting the intake done!! :D The Julian Bros. will thank you!
Will

Doug,
Your valves were shipped today, so you should get them mid week. :D

Will,
I want to see how they come out, and what the final price is. I already got a quote for the patterns, and castings. It's expensive, but not as much as the 2/4V intakes.

Mike,

Is that triple sidedraft? I'd be interested in one. Please give me a heads up. Thank you for all your work. I know this is a business to make a living, but you have to have a love for this to keep at it as long as you have. Thank you again.

Darrell

super4ord":1g97rdrl said:
Mike,

Is that triple sidedraft? I'd be interested in one. Please give me a heads up. Thank you for all your work. I know this is a business to make a living, but you have to have a love for this to keep at it as long as you have. Thank you again.

Darrell

Correct, its a triple Weber DCOE sidedraft intake for the new aluminum heads. Similar to the cast ones used on the OZ250-2V heads. You can use carbs or throttle bodies (n/a or boosted - like my 69SR)

This is triple Weber carbs
OZ107_jpg.jpg

AzCoupe":2igc1cgl said:
Doug,
Your valves were shipped today, so you should get them mid week. :D

In referance to our chat today.....now I see it!! :eek: :eek:

ThankYou!!!

Doug

Mike,

Any idea on the price of those triple sidedraft intakes you've had fabricated for the new aluminum heads yet. I'd like to purchase one of those extras you're going to put up for sale. Thank you!

Darrell R. Miller

Back