Aren't computer numbers nice?

Alvor315

I don't want to be the downer here, but I was looking at the expected power gains from the head according to the computer dyno program, 351hp sure would be nice. 8) Does10's machine according to dyno results pulls about 320 hp with a turbo charger. Mustang Geezer sporting a 10.23:1cr comes out with a whopping 201hp :unsure: at the flywheel. I'm not saying that isn't great, but it's a smidgen off of 351 hp. Could it really be realistic to see even 300 hp from a N/A engine with this new head?

Just food for thought, I can't wait to get one for myself! Christmas is just around the corner :eek:.

Allan

Actually it ended up being 11:1 compression.

My motor broke late this summer and it had some issues with broken compression rings before we ever bolted the head on and raced it this summer. We found this out after the fact.

We learned a lot this summer and are in the process of rebuilding the engine and changing a few other things.

201 hp out of 206 ci is close to the "magical" :D 1 hp per ci that lots of people try to shoot for.

As far as your whopping 201 hp goes :roll: the stock motor starts out around 90 hp.......

Allen,
I have to agree with you that the 351hp number is a bit unrealistic for a N/A motor.

Also FWIW, our 323hp was at the rear tires, not flywheel. So that's around 375 at the crank.
If you put 10.95@124 at 2830lbs, into a 1/4 mile calculator then you get 423hp at the flywheel.

And I'm also pretty sure that Doug's results are at the wheels.

Later,
Will

Alvor315":2ahcmx8p said:
Wow 11:1, now I really want to see what happens when you get those rings fixed.

423hp :shock: :) :eek: :D :eek:

:D :D :D

Theres a thread in the eye candy forum that has pics of the broken parts and pics of the new engine and new parts... 8)

Later,

Doug

Back