Pictures please!

Will, your just plain mean................... :devilish:

I'll check and see what my shop would charge to polish a head? They did the valve cover on the Ice motor.

I'll post pics of the head I'm having polished as soon as it done. :roll:

Does10s":21nfsuix said:
ICE motor teaser.....
686815_17_full.jpg

Hehehehe!
Will
Holy crap! 8)

InlineUK":2qcl8dis said:
That polished head looks awesome. How many man hours did it take?

It took about a month and $300. I can't take credit for it. I don't have the patience for that sort of thing. Don Jose Polishing here in Tucson did all the work!
You should see the throttle bodies, timing cover, and billet harmonic balancer! :D
Later,
Will

:D Mike,the reason that I asked,is that I would bet that there are a few at least that would LOVE to have the head polished,but maybe don`t have the time or skills od tools to do it.
Leo

Does10s":2jf3y0hc said:
ICE motor teaser.....
686815_17_full.jpg

Hehehehe!
Will

I'm sitting here wondering how you will manage to keep that thing that shiny. Is there a coating that can be applied that will keep the polished aluminum from oxidizing and which will stand up to the heat a cylinder head experiences?

shmoozo":bi3feq6m said:
I'm sitting here wondering how you will manage to keep that thing that shiny. Is there a coating that can be applied that will keep the polished aluminum from oxidizing and which will stand up to the heat a cylinder head experiences?
And now I'm wondering if it can be ceramic coated with the silver color...

-ron

:D CoupeBoy.Try for a CLEAR coat of some type.Maybe a powder coat clear,or if the ceramic is avilable in clear try that.
That is IF those coatings will hold up to the heat AND the expansion and contraction of the aluminum head.Talking with the vendors of said product,should give you the answers that you need.
Leo

I can't help but notice the differences in the cast in injector bungs from one picture to the next, what's the dealio?

-ron

Gene Fiore":of4hjdtj said:
Mustang_Geezer":of4hjdtj said:
Heres mine on a engine stand :D

2007_1117ringspistons0012.jpg
Doug...looking good man! :D Not to hijack this thread, but what size carb is that and what intake? Is it the classic inlines intake?

Gene,

Thanks! :D Its a 600 cfm Holley 4 Bbl. Nope, still waiting for the new intakes to come out.

Later,

Doug

Heres a new picture of mine taken last weekend,

272.jpg

The new motor only has about 45 minutes run time on it and I'm hoping to put at least 100 miles on it before I take it back to the track when it opens April 5th.

Best time last year was a 15.28

Hopefully it will run 14.70's or 14.80s at least.... :)

Later,

Doug

Back