First Trip to the XXX for the Aluminum Head

66200i6

Famous Member
So we get nearly to the XXX in Issaquah, Wa and it starts to snow. That's ok it's just another cloud moving through and it did end up stopping. That's not so bad, the car hasn't been out really in years so I'm still a Happy Camper. It's running like a champ and the wife is asking "do you have to go so fast"? Well Yes, I've got to check it out, right?

We had a good dinner and on the way back home it starts to sputter and dies. Crud, I must be out of gas even though the gauge says 1/4 tank. So, I walk and pay 10 bucks for a gallen container and gas. I put the gas in the tank and I'm ready to get home. I turn the key and notice, how come I don't hear the electric fuel pump?

So, I will post pick's of the car loaded on the Tow Truck as soon as the wife uploads them.

It never ends does it.

Ric.

XXX Root Beer, Issaquah, Wa. 03/30/2008
032008StangXXX.JPG

First and hopefully only tow for 2008.
032008StangLoaded.JPG

I hope it's any easy fix. I'll need to deside if I keep the pump at the tank or bring it up to the engine compartment.

Ric.

Bummer.... :(

I'm running an electric and the manual pump so I have backup! :D :D

Later,

Doug

I'd have the pump at the tank, believe it'd be easier to push the fuel forward than suck it up (Iknow, poor choice of words!) :LOL:

For future reference, sometimes you can get an electric fuel pump running for the trip home by smacking it or the tank with a rubber mallet (or whatever you have around) while power is going to the pump. I've seen it work several times. I've also seen it not work several times.

Back