More Aluminum Head Test Results.

Well--I did the math and if Doug's car still weighs 2517 lbs. then it comes out somewhere around 145 to 150 roughly.

I would've thought you would be much higher than that Doug. Your car has a more aggresive set-up than Mike Raley's and he's making much more horsepower.

His cam is much less aggressive, he doesn't use roller rockers, alcohol/water injection, or flat top pistons.

Yet his dyno's at more horses than that without a pony carb and much more with!

Still awesome results with a N/A 200. Just wondering how he is getting so much more horsepower.

Bob

"My 66 Mustang coupe with no rear seat, no heater box, no sound deadning, 1/4 tank gas, aluminum head, no front sway bar, radio delete, Weld draglites, no latch, no outer front bumper brackets. With a C4 auto, 8" rearend and traction bars, it weighs 2517 lbs. without me in it.

Later, Doug

Seems like it weighs 2517 with him in it.

Bob

Geez I guess I can't read he says that is without him in it.

So it's closer to 2800 then Gene?

Thanks, I'll rework the numbers.

Bob

Actually ....

Mustang_Geezer":2s5ef7tc said:

I ran the numbers through an online hp calculator and heres what I got,

Your 66 mustang weighs about 2748 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 15.2 seconds. That means that you've got about 154.66 HP at the wheels, and about 201.06 HP at the flywheel.

I think this will make Mike extremely happy! :D :D ;)

Later,

Doug

taken from http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44438

Now I'm coming up with between 161 and 164--closer but still not close to Mike Raley's.

Anyhow it doesn't matter that's an awesome car and a powerful 6 he has a lot to be proud of.

I'm hoping to be there someday.

Bob

The calculator I used said 159 hp. Bobscoupe you also have to remember that Mikes mustang has a T-5 vs Dougs having a C-4, the slushbox will eat up a lil' more HP than the T-5

That's true 82F100 but 159 RWHP compared to 211 RWHP and Doug has a much more modified motor--something just doesn't equate.

Kinda lost track of the topic....someone moved it out of the small six zone and didnt tell me.

Heres the link I use to calculate hp because it shows it at the rear wheels and at the crank.

http://www.fastcoolcars.com/hp_calculator.htm

Right now it shows 162.6 at the rear wheels and 203.3 at the crank.

I'm racing it friday night and am going to finish up the carb tuning and am planning on messing with the timing some.

We'll see what happens.

Not sure why its down in hp so much but not much I can do about it. :)

Well, what would be great is if you could get a hold of an autolite 4v and see if that decreased your ET dramatically.

Just think what a wonderful opportunity that would be to make me eat some serious crow ;)

Back