Went to the test & tune again tonite :D :D

Ran a best of,

60 foot time 2.19 seconds.
1/8th mile et 9.61 seconds.
1/8th mile speed 73.76 mph

1/4 mile et 14.99 seconds
1/4 mile speed 90.39 mph.

Thats the best its run so far.

I backed it up with a 15.01 @ 90 so it wasnt a fluke ;)

The only changes tonite was to stagger jet the carb because for some reason (unknown to me) number 6 is running rich number 1 is running a tad rich but nothing major and cylinders 2,3,4,5 are all running lean.

So on the outside jet (facing the fender) I'm running a #66 jet and I switched the inside jet closest to the engine to a #69 jet to try to richen those other cylinders up a bit.

This is a 600 cfm vacuum secondary Holley 4 Bbl carb.

I'll post all my times and what I did tomorrow.

Later,

Doug

Picking up a 10th isn't bad :)

What cam are you running again?

By the way, what is the deal w/ that 60'? Are you spinning off the line or just absolutely bogging. You are leaving a lot of ET on the table with that soft of a launch.

Bort62":watav0w4 said:
Picking up a 10th isn't bad :)

What cam are you running again?

By the way, what is the deal w/ that 60'? Are you spinning off the line or just absolutely bogging. You are leaving a lot of ET on the table with that soft of a launch.

Heres the cam specs,

CSC
274-10
SHS
274/274
224/224
450/450
480/480
495/495
67° 110°
1800-5600

I have the 1.6 ratio rockers so its .480 lift. Cams also advanced 4 degrees.

I see nothing wrong with a 2.19 60'......I've compared it to a lot of other street cars running in the upper 14 second range and it seems consistant with what other cars are doing.

It wheel hops a bit on the launch but nothing major. Its got a 3500 stall convertor, 3:80 gears, Richmond powertrax locker and BFG radial T/A 225 60 15 tires.

So you have a significantly larger cam than Mraley. Theoretically, you should be making more peak power than him since your overall builds are fairly similar otherwise, correct?

I understand that the 60' is appropriate for low 15 second cars - I guess my point is that if you can work on getting that 60' down .1-.2 you will probably drop into the mid-low 14's. Cutting a good 60' has more to do with the driver and car setup than it does overall engine power.

Are you leaving @ full stall?

Doug, a 14.99 et. Congradulations, Bill

GEEZER, way to go, I've been silently pulling for ya, 200 cubic inches into the high 14's is an accomplishment.

Thanks guys!! :D :D :D

I went with our Mustang club last night and I think a few of them were disbelievers when I told them how fast I wanted to go. :(

The 1st 3 passes were,

15.63 @ 87.07
15.57 @ 89.27
15.43 @ 89.45

I usually make 3 passes to warm it up then I removed the air cleaner.

I'm running a 10" diameter X 2" tall K&N air filter and it is a major restriction....

Next pass's were,

15.18 @ 89.27
15.26 @ 89.80
15.11 @ 90

Then I did the jet change,

15.06 @ 90.20
14.99 @ 90.39
15.01 @ 90

Then called it a day. :D Very happy!!!

I found out that my electric fuel pump had died and it was only running off the stock fuel pump @ 4 lbs of pressure when I did my jet swap.

Installed a new electric fuel pump today and its pulling its normal 7-8 psi again.

Adjusted the traction bars too.

Going back in 2 weeks for the Friday night Test & Tune spending the night, bracket racing all day Saturday then watching the jet cars race Saturday night.

Later,

Doug

Broncitis":3urbj7gj said:
GEEZER, way to go, I've been silently pulling for ya, 200 cubic inches into the high 14's is an accomplishment.

Yep....thats what the guy that techs me in said also! ;)

He's a 6 cylinder nut and has helped me out on a few tech issues and is always interested in how fast its going this week.

Later,

Doug

Yeah, but somebody had to ride Big Brown over the line as well. It's not just the horse.

Congrats!!!

Hope someone got a picture of that grin on your face when you found out you ran in the 14's, thats gonna be a classic.

I know you have been workin hard for that magic number and you finally got it.

Well done sir.

Glad to read the times.

My 200 cid engine is of similar build , minus the aluminum head. I hope to have the engine installed and running in a few weeks.

I even have the same tire on the rear of the Falcon. I have 3.55 gears in the car at the moment, a 4.10 posi center section sets on the bench.

Congrats again.

8)

Can someone calculate the HP that set-up is making?

Congrats Doug!

That aluminum head is looking better all the time.

Bob

Back