Water temp

Inline6Merc

I need to know what size or what kind of water temperature sending unit fits the new head. I planned on using the hole on the driver side all the way in the back, same place its on a stock head. Also where is number 1 on the DUI dizzy?

thanks guys,

Curtis

It's listed here: http://classicinlines.com/AlumSpecs.asp 1/8 NPT, rear drivers side.

There are 8 more holes that are 3/8 NPT:
Al Head - 4 freeze plug, 1 water outlet
Al Intake - 2 water box, 1 runner #6

I plugged the one in the runner, not sure what I could use it for. I ran heater hoses through the water box.

The only strict rule for plug wires is to put them on in firing order, clockwise. You can get the distributor to point to any tower at TDC, as long as your plug wires reach. #1 wire is one of the shortest though, so I have the vacuum pot pointed at the shock tower, and #1 just left of the terminals on the cap. This way all the wires reach.

Frank

My questions is the water temp sending unit. I installed a 1/8 npt sending unit. I got it from advanced auto. It is a borg and warner. I am not getting a reading. I installed all new wiring in the dash and engine compartment. Gauge was fine from the start. I thought it was my wiring. I pulled plug off sending unit. I grounded the plug to the frame. Turned key, and my gauge went to full "H" for hot. To me the wiring and the gauge is working fine. Do I have the right temp sending unit. I took it back to adavanced auto, thinking it might be a defective sending unit. Installed new one, and it is doing the same. I am stumped. Anybody got any ideas. I got a 66 mustang with the alum head..

I talked to Mike, and he is working on it. He said there might be different amps on the sending units output.

However I did disconnect the pink wire and installed the DUI input wire to ignition switch. I do not think that has anything to do with temp sending unit...

Any comments will be great...

Wcol

Back