Check this out.....

That's some interesting eye candy, to say the least. I take it that Extrudabody is the company that made the throttle body used in that set up. They certainly make some nice looking parts.

Are you thinking about developing a kit for the new head to add an EFI setup like that? That looks like it would be a good way to build a fairly simple EFI kit for the new head, and I have to believe it would end up costing less than an individual runner setup.

Actually, I see no reason to think that a less expensive, used, OEM throttle body with comparable air flow characteristics could be used to achieve similar performance, but it wouldn't have the eye-candy appeal of the Extrudabody TB. Either one, if properly configured, should still work just fine, of course.

I notice that they also have some additional images in the album, all of which are interesting and fun to look at even if they are for other kinds of engines.

The image of the ITB setup for the Nissan VQ35 V6 engine looked like a concept that could easily be extended by 2 throttle bodies and used with the lower intake for a Ford 5.0 liter Windsor V8 EFI setup. That would certainly be a wild-looking configuration for the 5.0 Mustang guys, though I do wonder how difficult it might be to get it past emissions testing in most populated areas.

I also thought that the setup for the Ford Flathead V8 was a delightfully odd mix of old tech and new tech, and even though I am no real fan of the old flatheads I had to smile when I saw it.

Here is a link to the album:

Photobucket Album for extrudabody

How exciting Mike. You've built a great foundation and the fruit of your labor is only starting to show. We're going to see more and more of this I believe.
Each builder will do something new and exciting with more and more exciting and creative results.

Eh I was thinking more about the injectors, not the body. I am rethinking my question now . . . it probably comes with injector bungs that accommodate various sizes?

Its a modified GM TBI with twin 42MM butterflies, I am starting out with #24 low impedence bosch injectors, the EMS or ECU and wiring harness will come from retrotekspeed.com.

It is hot off the press, I have not even received it yet, hoping for around 225 N/A HP, but I have no dyno to check it once complete and am at least a couple of months from assembly.

grocery getter":qqje09l6 said:
wallaka":qqje09l6 said:
350kmileford":qqje09l6 said:
What sort of horsepower could that setup support? Estimate?

As much as the block and head will support, I imagine.

the rated cfm will tell ya' ;)

Throttle bodies that size will flow at least 900 cfm...it doesn't compare in any meaningful way to carburetor sizing.

Those injectors will support 290 hp or so. If he goes to forced induction, an injector swap will be needed but this is sufficient for a built motor.

That's awesome!! Where did you get the crank pulley and what is the diameter? Are you running the stock pully on the blower?

I'm pretty sure it's an Eaton M90

Those are awesome pictures. I do love that 3.3-modified piece. That Eaton mount is a bit more . . fancy? than I was predicting. Everything looks so clean and professional though.

Any chance you'll get the engine dyno'd soon? I can not wait to see the results.

Wallaka I can't agree more, but their are no CI stickers, Mike said he was going to try and get me some but never did, I'll put the CI sticker on the top of the hat if he gets me some. I will reply to others later tonight, I'm just really busy at the moment.

Most folks I spoke with said to run the blower 2.6-2.7 times the crankshaft speed, so I did 2.65 times with a 3.3 blower pulley so I can move up or down if need be, the diameter is 8.75 at the crank, I know it really looks big, but most applications run an intermediate pulley and not directly off the crank to keep the crank pulley a little smaller. It was custom made by ASP performance, the engineers name I worked with was LEE and they did a beautiful job. And yes its a rebuilt M90 by yours truly off ebay with intercooler and pipes.

Back