Holley Carb Question?

Billr57

Doug,
I have given up on my 600 for right now and went back to my Holley 500. the car runs allot better and stronger with the 500 than the 600. I have try-ed just about everything I can think of and still can not get the 600 to work right from idle to mid range, at idle I can not get the car to run rich enough and it over heats, (A/F meter reads in the mid 30's to 40's, I'm also running 72 jets. once I come off the idle circuit A/F drops down to 12.7, if I turn the idle jets out all the way I can get it the A/F down to about 18 to 20?) BUT if I launch hard off the line and keep it to the floor the 600 runs great and the A/F is 12.5, but anything in between the car runs like Sh%t. I'm at the point that I'm ready to go EFI as soon as Mike comes up with a kit.

Mike let me know as soon as a EFI kit is available. :D

Bill

Doug, there used to be a kit to convert the vacuum secondaries to mechanical operation. Not sure if Holley still has it but it would be worth a search. The ghetto way to do it is to put a screw in the secondary linkage! :unsure:

Bill, I have my Megasquirt nearly ready to fire up. All I have left is to hook up the fuel pump. I'm using port injection, but it would be an easy matter to retune for TBI. Once I have it running I'd be happy to post the files to give you a good starting point. The VE on the CIAL head will be different, but close enough.

EFI is so easy I can't believe anyone uses a carb or mechanical distributor anymore. :)

That little check valve prevents the secondaries from slamming open or closed, it won't open the secondaries any sooner. I guess a double pumper is out of the question.

Thanks for the replies!

I fixed the secondary opening problem today and it was a problem with my engine torque strap coming loose and causing the vacuum secondary housing to impact the shock tower not the springs and such inside the housing causing the problem..... :shock:

Thanks,

Doug

Doug, hope no carb damage.
Now you are ready to roll. Bill

Back