Easy EFI System

Quick 8

Just thought you guys might be interested in this:
http://www.mass-floefi.com/index.html

It is a self-learning mass-air EFI system. No programming required. They will also set it up for supercharged applications. I assume this includes turbos.

Unfortunately, it is a bit pricey though. However, if you have the money, it is hard to put a price on all the time you would have messing with the set-up on a speed density system.

All of the systems on their website are for V8s, although they state that they can custom design one if you have a single plane intake manifold.

If your Ford presently uses a mass-flow system, you can buy just part of the system for about half.

For us, it might be best to retrofit the mass-flow system off of a 3.8L or 4.0L.

Just my $0.02

They do list a V6 system on the website. I'm sure an inline 6 won't be too much of a problem for them.

While a retrofit would no doubt be cheaper, their set up would definitely be easier since almost no set up work or calibration is required.

From what I understand, all you need to do is drive it, and it "self-learns" from there.

Haha, yeah. For $4000 you can easily buy a speed density system and have it tuned by a pro. Or play around with MegaSquirt and do it all yourself.

And I promise you, nothing "sets up itself."

It may be more efficient...that is open to question. But $4000 will buy a lot of gas.

Your right about the price. It is extremely high, but remember it is not just an EFI system. The prices on their website come with the EFI computer, Intake manifold modified for EFI, throttle body, mass air flow meter, injectors, all wiring harnesses, and a complete ignition system including a billet distributor. When you add it all up, including your time to set one up yourself, it doesn't sound quite as rediculous anymore.
(At least to me.)

Well to each his own...I will have less than a thousand in mine when I'm done with it, including rebuilding the engine. MegaSquirt controlled dizzy and CFI. Yeah, it's a bunch of DIY stuff, that's what I am all about.

Quick 8 you just keep up the research, I looked at this system quite awhile ago and decided on speed desity from retrotek, as a matter of a fact I placed the order today and it cost me almost 1700 dollars and thats not including the head work I had done on the new Al head for injectors, to each his own, I make good coin on a daily basis, so the time it saves me is of extreme importance, I got the EMS 2, PLX wideband system, blue returnless fuel system, map 2 sensor, coolant sensor, O2 sensor clamp and a custom harness and these guys, Leon and Cody are great to work with and I think Mike may carry them here in the future, retrotekspeed.com.

Back