Ally head flow compared to heavily ported oz 250 2v head

2v XLE

Has anyone swapped from a heavily ported oz 2v head to a new CI head, ported or not?

Have had a close look at the flow numbers and comparisons on the CI site, and they look fantastic, comparing a standard (I'm assuming) oz 2v head to both an unported and ported CI.

While the gains of this upgrade would fairly significant, I'm interested to hear from someone who has swapped a heavily ported and polished oz head for a CI aluminium head.

More to see what sort of gains I might achieve.

Anyone? You out there Mike? :D

I should have some comparison flow figures for a CNC ported 2V head around mid year as well as some power figures by the years end. I was going to get a CI head but the exchange rate killed any possibility of that happening. It will be interesting to see how these two heads compare. I am hoping that a well ported 2V will be as good as a standard CI head in terms of flow figures at least, the CI combustion chamber design would probably be superior to the 2V.

yeah, I'm not sure about a well ported oz head being too close to a standard CI head. Flow numbers at 0.500 are still quite a way apart IF the comparisons are being made from an unmolested oz head to an untouched CI head.

and sure, 1AUD = 0.64USD :shock:

Back