Al Engine Upgrade Budget

jlopes

For those of you that have upgraded to the new Al Head how does the following look as a budget. I am guessing I will probably need another $500 for misc items bringing in the total cost to about $3500.

I currently have the 200CI 6, which I have already upgraded to the DSII electronic ignition.

Let me know what I have missed.

Al Engine Upgrade

Alum Head +mild porting: 1750
Intake Manifold/Cam Kit: 635
Headers: 415
Pistons: 175
=====
Total $2975

jlopes,
I sent you an e-mail with an attached pdf of the list I'm working with on my in-work project. My list comes to about $4800, but that includes an ignition system which you already have. As ludwig states, I'll probably end up paying more by the time it's finished.

Depending on the cam, you may want to upgrade to a double roller cam chain.

There will also be expenses related to connecting the throttle pedal to the carb, gaskets, bearings, air filtration, bits and pieces to connect the PVC to the intake, fuel line updates, and various incidentals like expenses related to changing coolant and oil in the engine.

I hate picking on anybody, but one thing that makes my blood boil is that yes MIKE is a specialty shop and yes sometimes maybe an item may cost a little more, but he is a business trying to make money, imagine that, while providing us with the latest parts and info here and on his website, have a little loyalty to the hand that feeds ya, if you personally can't afford his services, don't discourage others, its tacky to say the least, my build would not have been possible without MIKE, his parts and info!!!

Broncitis":16jhpidx said:
I hate picking on anybody, but one thing that makes my blood boil is that yes MIKE is a specialty shop and yes sometimes maybe an item may cost a little more, but he is a business trying to make money, imagine that, while providing us with the latest parts and info here and on his website, have a little loyalty to the hand that feeds ya, if you personally can't afford his services, don't discourage others, its tacky to say the least, my build would not have been possible without MIKE, his parts and info!!!

I'm not sure who that was directed towards after reading everyone's post on this thread.

Personally, I was commenting on the fact that the OP had not accounted for any shipping in his original tally at the top, and he's going to have at least another $100 in shipping, no matter who he bought his parts from.

Here is what I have so far....

Engine Upgrade

Alum Head - Basic Street
Includes valves: 1760
Head Stud Kit 11
Intake Manifold/Cam Kit 725
Yella Terra Full Roller Rocker Set
Includes push rods and lifters valves 545
Headers 485
Pistons 175
Carb 4 bbl 400
Muffler - Spintech 110
misc stuff 400

Total 4715

JLOPES I may have went to far on my comments here in a bad mood and may have slowed comments by others and I truly regret that and I hope your build is going well. I own a business and dealing with the public can be tough sometimes and I apologoze to anyone I may have offended, I was out of line.

Back