Is it worth putting an Aluminum Head on a Stock motor?

JMB

I am planning to rebuild the 200 I6 motor on my 1966 mustang and wanted to know if it is worth putting the Aluminum Head from Classic Inlines on a Stock motor.

The only performance stuff that I am planning to put is (Headers , DUI Distributor , Yella Terra full roller rockers and a Weber 38 or the 480 cfm Autolite carb)

I want it to have good mpg

I am planning to use the car as a semi-daily driver.

What kind of performance gains will i get?

Is it worth the cost?

I know Classic Inlines has some Dyno results with the Aluminum Head but I guess I just want to hear the experiences of the people who have the Aluminum Head. Thanks in advance.

If you're doing all this, "Headers , DUI Distributor , Yella Terra full roller rockers and a Weber 38 or the 480 cfm Autolite carb"

the short answer is YES.

It's much more worth the money than roller rockers, I can tell you that. All that stuff begs for a slightly hotter cam while you're at it. I'd imagine that the aluminum head would get better mileage than stock, too, even with a decent cam.

JMB":3fd5gyr1 said:
I am planning to rebuild the 200 I6 motor on my 1966 mustang and wanted to know if it is worth putting the Aluminum Head from Classic Inlines on a Stock motor.

The only performance stuff that I am planning to put is (Headers , DUI Distributor , Yella Terra full roller rockers and a Weber 38 or the 480 cfm Autolite carb)

I want it to have good mpg

I am planning to use the car as a semi-daily driver.

What kind of performance gains will i get?

Is it worth the cost?

I know Classic Inlines has some Dyno results with the Aluminum Head but I guess I just want to hear the experiences of the people who have the Aluminum Head. Thanks in advance.
ABSOLUTELY!

You have covered 85% of the performance Mods needed in order not to only wake up your motor but to get it functioning more efficiently....Thus, better Economy. That is if you can keep your foot off of her when you are done!

JackFish":398n5c7x said:
Heck I wouldn't bother with the expensive rockers, and put the money into porting the head and a cam.

I agree. A mild performance cam and maybe a bit of port work on the aluminum head will do more than fancy roller rockers.

Back