Project: Black Hole (1969 Mustang, 250CID)

AzCoupe":220n561i said:
Your kit was one of the first ones made for a 69 Mustang. Unfortunately they didn't have a car to do an actual install on, so they had to use measurements from a V8 and guess at the modifications needed for the six. We rarely get any feedback from customers, so we have no idea what modifications are needed for a better fit. If you could send me an email with any of the details you remember about the install (modifications you had to make), I will forward the info to them. I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....

exhaustproblem.png

well, if they had simply put together the pipe once, they would have noticed that the angle of the x-pipe is wrong.
(the red line is showing the original fit out of the box)

of course we could not correct the angle of the x-pipe, so we had to rebend the pipe that came after the x-pipe and try to get the pipes as parallel as possible.
this was not 100% possible (see lenght of green and yellow line) but i'm happy with the result.

MPGmustang":5cn9o3t4 said:
I love your car... and engine... and steering... and exhaust... and ... okay your car.
..... i changed the steering to manual stock with borgeson powersteering box.

the steering is not 100% free from play at the moment, but i got a much better turning radius and the car still handles very well.
if you should make it to switzerland, let me know and well take it for a ride if the weather is nice :beer:

@azcoupe: with the dual 1.75" exhaust i got way more power then i had with the dual 2.25 exhaust
....and i can drive more then 20min without getting a headache from the exhaust drone :D :D :D

I had they same problem with my 65 Mustang. I contacted Mike and he had them send me another x pipe. The first one had the pipes cross over each other. The second one worked but still needed to be made wider. I was able to get it all the fit and work after fitting it a few times. I used the band clamps so that I can adjust it as needed.

65HT200FIN":jyz98stm said:
Nice car&engine :) what kind off idle you have? i have Ford Six Performance Parts 274-SDS cam (by Clay Smith Cams)
duration 274/274 advertised, 224/224 @ .050 lift and very very boor idle! HG 5-7. You have CSC 264-12 DHS. What your idle HG? and throttle responding?

My stang homepage ----> http://ramiharvonen.wix.com/vintage#!home/mainPage

Manifold vacuum seems low... did you degree the cam when you installed it? I'd almost bet your cam timing is off, based on the symptoms (low man vac, poor idle and throttle response).

AzCoupe":3b70xv7e said:
65HT200FIN":3b70xv7e said:
Nice car&engine :) what kind off idle you have? i have Ford Six Performance Parts 274-SDS cam (by Clay Smith Cams)
duration 274/274 advertised, 224/224 @ .050 lift and very very boor idle! HG 5-7. You have CSC 264-12 DHS. What your idle HG? and throttle responding?

My stang homepage ----> http://ramiharvonen.wix.com/vintage#!home/mainPage

Manifold vacuum seems low... did you degree the cam when you installed it? I'd almost bet your cam timing is off, based on the symptoms (low man vac, poor idle and throttle response).

sorry, i didn't check the board for some time.
i can give you the info in spring. but i have to install a few parts first, like the tachometer and another vacuum meter.

Back