Photos of two motors using the aluminum head

AzCoupe

1K+
Departed Member
Just thought I'd post these.... as both builds look great.

This motor was just installed last week, so I haven't heard how it runs yet. To my knowledge this is the first aluminum head build using a Weber carb, so I'm very curious how it works out. I recommended a larger carb (Holley or Autolite), but he wanted to try the Weber first. Since the adaptor was machined with a Holley footprint, he only needs to drill and tap the carb stud holes, if and when he decides to try an Autolite or Holley carb. I also like the way he set up the cold air induction, tucking it in towards the back. Nice job....
install1b.jpg

install1a.jpg

This was a top end build only (short block wasn't touched) which was completed last summer. The original motor (in an Econoline pick-up) had an OZ-250 head and 350 Holley, which was replaced with our aluminum head and the EFI set-up. Last I heard the motor was running much better, but I didn't get any info on the HP gains or the mileage. As for the serpentine pulley system, were working on a kit and hope to have them available early-mid summer.
install2a.jpg

install2b.jpg

I really like the serpentine belt as well, looks like it'll be a good kit.

How cool are they!!! (y) Im very interested in the 4 barrel fuel injection set up was thinking of giving it a try on my supercharged set up.
has anyone got one of these running on the inline 6 yet?

Those are two nice builds! I just hope he didn't try and close the hood with that screwdriver there. :)

What sweet looking engines. That is what I am looking to do to my 250. Now I just have to get funding in line and figure out a plan.

I just found this thread - can anyone discuss the Powerjection setup with me? I'd LOVE to get EFI on my build, and I was unaware of any kits like this that work with the 6 cylinder..

Back