CI Alum Cyl Head, Stock Rockers and Push Rods Work?

kwschin

Have the CI Aluminum head on the 200 and have bolted up the stock rocker arms with stock push rods. Can't see a way to verify that the everything is adjusted properly. I assume (yeah I know) that the stock head had just the right dimensions for the everything to bolt together and the lifters be adjusted properly. Is this the situation on the CI Aluminum head, or do I need new push rods? Got the adjustable push rod set from CI when I bought my head, but it doesn't have "Ball Ends" at both ends of the rod, so it's worthless to me.

Keith "Shin" Schindler
South Central Texas

you are using hydrolic lifters if you are using non-adjustable rocker. just bolt them on and run. the CI alum head is designed to work with stock parts along with the same aftermarket parts that are availible to our i6's...

the adjustable push rod is a measuring tool not a running tool, it's for you to adjust the push rod to desired height take off then measure and order that height. keep it if you want to go adjustable in the future.

Yes the non adjustable rocker can work with the CI head, you can also to use a set of the early adjustable rockers or set of the performance type roller tip rockers. Yes the clearances were built into parts ie cam, lifter, valve, push rod, rocker, head and block measurements with the non adjustable rockers when new. After machining of parts it can be necessary to use a different length of P. Rods to get the right lifter pre load. You need about .060 (piston is pushed down from lifters snap ring) or more roughly up to half the travel of the "lifters" interior piston travel. :nod: Good luck

Keith, you can exchange the pushrods for Ball and Ball. Just send them back with a note...

Back