Intake gasket

chopperman69

I just realized this weekend that I don't have an intake gasket for the aluminum head. I asked Mike about it (thinking I lost it) and he said they don't offer one. He said most either cut the intake for o-rings or use gasket sealer.

I'm leaning towards having the intake machined for o-rings, but wanted to ask the team first. What are you doing to seal the intake?

Thanks

Scot in OKC

I also have an aluminum head, but don't yet have my intake. I wasn't aware that Mike didn't offer a gasket for the intake. What about cutting out a gasket from a sheet of gasket material? Is there an intake gasket for the Oz head that might work, since, as I understand it, the aluminum head was originally based on the Oz head?

Thanks
Bob

from what had been stated on classicinlines.com before, mike never offered a direct fit gasket. when he still offered the oz250 gaskets, he suggested to use them, but they also had to be modified due to slightly different port location.

You'll have to roll your own.

Mike's head and intakes are slightly different than the OZ 250 2V head. As a result the intake holes for one will not line up correctly with the head of the other, and visa versa. They can be made to work, but you have to massage the ports on both sides to work.

Back