Chassis dyno results - 62Ranchero200

62Ranchero200

Famous Member
This is a 250 from a '74 Maverick, .020 overbore, ARP main studs, early 300 rods, ARP rod bolts, custom, very short "zero deck height" forged pistons, CI aluminum head, ARP head studs, single springs with dampers, 1.6:1 adjustable rockers, dynamically balanced, CI intake with Holley "500 CFM" with custom metering block, CI headers with FlowMasters, 2" true duals and x-pipe, DUI with custom advance curve.

A link to the dyno graph has been included, but the best run was the last, #4, 140 HP and 182 FT-LB at the rear wheels. If drivetrain losses through the torque converter and C-4 are conservatively estimated at 25%, the 250 must be producing at least 186 HP and 242 FT-LB at the flexplate.

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx31 ... 3fa3fc.jpg

For comparison, in 1974 this engine was SAE rated at 91 HP @3,200 RPM. So the CI aluminum head plus other high performance parts have doubled the horsepower output of this engine.

Other than a baseline HP and torque output, I have also learned: that the low profile "carb hat" air cleaner is restricting the air flow significantly. The engine generates about 15 more HP and 20 FT-LB more torque without the air cleaner. Also, max torque is at about 3,750 RPM and HP begins to fall off at about 5,100 RPM, so there is no point in revving the engine past 5,000.

Thanks
Bob the Builder

For the money spent on the 6 cylinder head, you can get a pair of AFR heads for the small block ford.
I can see why you sold all your six engines.

Back