alloy head capabilities

justman234

G'day,
Falcon is finally on the road and the 221 going strong. Tempted to order an alloy head soon but I'm wanting to know what my motor would be capable of with it and what the gains would be. What's the best flow figures they have done?
Motor hasn't had anything missed. Forged JE pistons 40thou, 11:1 comp, Romac balancer, double row timing chain, moly pushrods, balanced, 250@ 050 .526lift 106l/camden, roller rockers ect.
ITB injection going on soon, 6x45mm throttle bodies with a haltech and 6 ls2 coils. Currently running a 465. Will post pics soon

justman234":3ng793ku said:
G'day,
Falcon is finally on the road and the 221 going strong. Tempted to order an alloy head soon but I'm wanting to know what my motor would be capable of with it and what the gains would be. What's the best flow figures they have done?
Motor hasn't had anything missed. Forged JE pistons 40thou, 11:1 comp, Roman balancer, double row timing chain, molybdenum pushrods, balanced, 250@ 050 .526lift 106l/camden, roller rockers ect.
ITB injection going on soon, 6x45mm throttle bodies with a haltech and 6 ls2 coils. Currently running a 465. Will post pics soon

Ok here's the Flow data on the C.I. Alum Head in this link.

http://classicinlines.com/AlumSpecs.asp

And this is an overview of the Alum Head here. Good luck on your build. :nod:

http://classicinlines.com/AlumOverview.asp

Thanks for that mate, but those figures have been up for years, as well as all the dyno figures. Have better flow figures been achieved, power?

:unsure: Last I heard when they upgraded the core boxes they thought that there was the potential to flow 260 CFM or more on the intake ports. You are probably aware that they do custom porting work so your best bet would be to contact C.I. to see what can be done for a Max effort. Good luck on the 221. (y)

Last I heard from Mike awhile ago was that one of the heads that they were playing with was around 236 cfm on the intake around .500 lift. I can't remember what the flow was on the exhaust. IIRC it was pretty close to what my 300 head flowed at .500 which is 236-187 @ .500

Back