Performance Spark Plug Wires Worth It?

6ponies

I've just received my motor back from the shop. 200ci I6 from a '67 Mustang. They bored it .30 and zeroed the deck. We installed the aluminum head and will be installing a Holley 350 carb and DUI distributor. The question I have is regarding plug wires. I was looking at the LiveWires from CI and want to know if it's worth it (cost to performance). This motor was designed for daily driving and efficiency, not racing.

I suppose I should include plugs too. It seems from what I've read that unless I'm taking it to the strip, I should use stock.

Howdy 6:

I don't know specifically about the LiveWires you mentioned, but I do know that getting something from CI right now will not be possible. Do you have another source?

In general, a quality spark plug wire that advertises a Spiro Core, or Spiral core, that is custom fit, not cut to fit will do you just fine.

On spark plugs I usually buy whatever is on sale because I change plugs fairly often. For longer use I've had good luck with irridium plugs in the right heat range

YOu might want to outline the rest of your ignition system for best advice.

Hope that is helpful.

Adios, David

I do have a source for other items.

So, here's the first dumb question....What else do you need to know about the ignition system?

Also, I suspect determining the heat range will be trial and error?

Back