Carb choice for CI head

Fatboy

Hey guys I'm trying to get some opinions on what carb to use, my current set up is a 200, clay smith 264 110 cam, dui, headers , 355 rear, c4 trans, CI aluminum head ported, bottom end rebuilt and an edelbrock 500. The car runs pretty good but idles a little rough till it warms up my mechanic feels it's over carbed, I am thinking of putting a Holley 390 on but would like some input, any advice?

I decked the block on mine and went with the HSC pistons and am a hair over 10:1. I run a 600 holley that I jetted down from 65 to 61 jets. It's close. Idles at about 900 rpm and I have an a/f of 13.5-14.0 at idle and is about 11.8 at WOT.

I think the idle issues are because even while the CI intake is better than the log, I am still not convinced that all the cylinders are getting the same amount of fuel. I'm contemplating adding port injection using the bungs on the intake.

I oriented my carb east/west to clear the linkage. While I did not issues with the intake hitting the shocktower I did have to trim my export brace. I recently used CoupeBoy's adjustable motor mounts and was able to move the motor about 1/4" over and have had no intereference problems since.

Well I put the Holley 390 on and it runs pretty good I think it just needs a little more tuning, only issue I am having is clearing the hood with the air cleaner, 65 Coupe could you post some photos of your set up?

Low profile carb hat. I also have a 10inch round filter with a 1 3/4 air filter. I do not have a pic of it.

Back