Video & Article(Mustang360): April 2018 Vintage Inline Performance Aluminum Cylinder Head

@ray6966,

That was a nice article! Although, it gave the impression that the aluminum head just became available, when actually the first heads were shipped at least 5 1/2 years ago (I received mine from Classic Inlines in late winter 2012 or early spring 2013). My aluminum head is installed on a 250 in a '62 Ranchero, behind a T-5 and an 8".

The article mentioned a triple side-draft Weber manifold, but I can't find that on the Vintage Inlines website - does anyone know if this is available for sale yet? Has anyone installed one? I would be very interested in this setup; it seems like it would offer better fuel distribution and possibly better performance than my Holley 2-V setup, although I know nothing about Weber side-draft carbs, correct fuel pressure for these carbs, fuel line plumbing or how to fabricate throttle linkage.

Thanks
Bob

In the video Matt states that the triple weber and triple SU manifolds are available from Australia.

62Ranchero200":2u29e4qz said:
@ray6966,

That was a nice article! Although, it gave the impression that the aluminum head just became available, when actually the first heads were shipped at least 5 1/2 years ago (I received mine from Classic Inlines in late winter 2012 or early spring 2013). My aluminum head is installed on a 250 in a '62 Ranchero, behind a T-5 and an 8".

The article mentioned a triple side-draft Weber manifold, but I can't find that on the Vintage Inlines website - does anyone know if this is available for sale yet? Has anyone installed one? I would be very interested in this setup; it seems like it would offer better fuel distribution and possibly better performance than my Holley 2-V setup, although I know nothing about Weber side-draft carbs, correct fuel pressure for these carbs, fuel line plumbing or how to fabricate throttle linkage.

Thanks
Bob

that triple weber manifold in the article looks -when I squint- as though it says 'lynx' on the side :

so maybe not a vintage inlines one anyway.

Lynx in Australia do 2v weber maniolds

$581.90 Australian peso's = approx. $435 USD

https://www.lynxauto.com.au/ford-6-cyl- ... ifold.html

gb500":9rcp3i2f said:
62Ranchero200":9rcp3i2f said:
@ray6966,

Thanks
Bob

that triple weber manifold in the article looks -when I squint- as though it says 'lynx' on the side :

so maybe not a vintage inlines one anyway.

Lynx in Australia do 2v weber maniolds

$581.90 Australian peso's = approx. $435 USD

https://www.lynxauto.com.au/ford-6-cyl- ... ifold.html

Thank you @rocklord,

Seems like, since these are for aussie 2V heads, they wouldn't fit the aluminum heads without serious modifications. This was a bit misleading in the online article, which seemed to imply that this manifold would fit the aluminum head.

Thank you,
Bob

I think I remember reading some time back that Mike made the aluminum head share the same bolt pattern and intake port spacing as the 2V Aussie head so it would have crossover possibilities for more intake selection without him having to actually make them all himself. Keep in mind that the patterns were both originally made, and the heads were first cast in Oz, so it stands to reason this is a valid and purposeful design trait made into the Classic Inlines head. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Yes the C.I. Head was based on the Australian 2V port head design! (y) :nod:

I think I saw an intake frm GB but am no help beyond that. It's too far in the back of my mind, too long ago, my altzhimers, etc. :arg:

I have recently received mine. Ordered along with a lynx triple su manifold supplied by Matt at vintage inlines. Linkage was included and just a small amount of port matching needed to blend the intake to the head.

This is going into a 67 mgb with at T5 sp HS6 Su carbs seemed more at home than webbers. Plus I'm better at tuning them. I think matt also has triple webber intakes.

depending on which Webers - itsn't it a tight fit w/the pass's shock tower? One or
2 of the DCOEs might B tight in there - just remove the stack on it (or both)? The 3rd - OK?

There's a early '70s 4 cyl Celica w/a turbo'n 3 DCOEs, been over in the corner a decade...they
look long to me (6, 8 inches?).

Back