SFI a VI alu head

"Explained"... ?
I still haven't read the reference FF gave me when I asked for "a text to hi school auto shop". :rolflmao:
So I'm not even a beginner...

The last few posts have been helpful.
May B (if I had time) I should go hang out at the fuel injection forum and know what I don't know (actually a very important point). Only prob is I feel/believe that's too substantial an undertaking...
Again, U guys have been gracious, given me "a good hit".

I consider myself a garage rat - hung out in frnd's garages (pro shops - fab, mod, restore, maintain) for yrs (a break frm late 70s to late 90s) frm a lill boy, to this, my senior yrs. Altho never a mechanic per se`. I never "got" auto electrics and then missed the changes frm early throttle body to mass computerization. It certainly is a passion (minor after music'n social change). I love systems (gosh darn the auto certainly is 1) but lean toward the human ones (family, culture, society, political power, economics, ed, etc). End of story 4 now...

Thanks for offering.
:beer:

Once, o0OPPp, twice (me too).
(y)

It's surprising that no one sells a fuel rail for the aftermarket aussie/vi style intakes available. They all have a provision for the injectors. I think a smaller better mpi intake could be made. Why not sell one fitted with bungs and a fuel rail? Along with a better/smaller intake for a common throttle body. None of the aftermarket aussie style intakes will fit in the doghouse of the van as is. Bend it over backwards like the EFI 300's with a side draft throttle body pointing towards the drivers side over the valve cover with enough room in the lower bend for the fuel rail/injectors. Or a rail for the aluminum head with a head machined to match on it's provisions for bosch injectors? The spacing looks to be the same forwards or backwards, intake or head or it should be. Interchangeable.

Thanks, Seth,
"...Or a rail for the aluminum head with a head machined to match on it's provisions for bosch injectors?..."
so U mean w/o the seperate intake, just injectors in the head (as is common w/today's models)?
That is not made 4 us. So I was thinkin use the bosses on the current seperate intake.
Yes (if this is what U mean) but we don't have it...

"... Along with a better/smaller intake for a common throttle body...."
Sure, but, not currently here.

Back