Combustion Chamber Size

Matthew68

What’s the “stock” combustion chamber size on the aluminum head? I’ve dug through the forums and found a post from Mike W stating 55ccs but that they could also leave a little meat to 56-57ccs.

I have a head coming to me from Matt, but he’s bogged down. Anyone out there have a measured size? Trying to sort out some camshaft stuff and working to look at possible compression ratio...

Cheers,
Matthew

Well there really wasn't any stock size on the Aluminum C.I. / V.I. heads, reports in past very from 52 CC and bigger so you will need to CC your head to know. Good luck (y) :nod:

56 cc's. The earlier versions had more, but its alloy and has great detonation resistance.

Early iron heads were 52cc, then went to 59 to 62 cc in the 200 and 250 in 1968-69 and stayed that way till the 80's. The 170 stayed 52cc, the Aussie head it wad based on stayed 59.5 nominal.

My head was 56cc after porting and unshrouding the valves. After milling it is 53.2cc's the flat milling specs on CI tech page turned to be spot on.
Walt

I realize this is an older thread I just stumbled on this morning while killing time but .
I have a classic inline head serial #009 I purchased from Super4ord a few years back fully ported . The only info I have is what Darrell told me . I checked that thing about a year ago & it only measures out at 46 cc . May have been milled during porting not sure . I know the ci heads are not out there in abdunce but if you have any real world first hand info on them please post it .

I honestly don't remember what mine was. It was a head already built by Mike sitting in his inventory. Maybe 54.or 52.

Back