Hello Fellow Six'ers!

Hey everyone!
My name is Josh Cruz, I'm a kid from brooklyn and I got my hands on a 1976 Ford Maverick (250ci I6) back in February and just finished getting the engine apart. Engine looks like its in pretty good shape (only 67000 miles on it); the body definitely has some issues though. I'm currently in the process of leaning what i have to do to get the engine back in tip top shape and deciding what parts I'll want to throw on it. Just got my hands on the Falcon Six Performance handbook and am almost all the way through it. I definitely want a set of aluminum heads and already contacted Matt about them.

Anyone know which intake manifolds will bolt onto the Aluminum heads?

Also, looking for a machine shop not too far from Brooklyn, NY (willing to go as far as PA or upstate NY or a 100ish mile radius) with a specialty in sixes. If anyone has any leads on either it would be much appreciated.

Glad to be part of this unique and knowledgeable community! thanks for your time everyone!

-Josh

Welcome to the Ford six site Josh, congrats on getting your Maverick they are great cars with lots of potential. Matt should have a few different intakes that fit the Aluminum Head, the aftermarket intakes for the Aussie 2V head should also fit. Good luck

Welcome aboard Josh. Maybe another forum member can help you with a quality machine shop.

Hey Josh,
Welcome aboard !
I'm in Nassau County/Oceanside and just found a machine shop that I'm going to use for my build.
He can do most anything from racing engines to stock rebuilds and really enjoys these 6's.
I was watching him work on a straight 8 Pontiac engine this morning.
Contact info is:

Phone: 516-599-7182
Hours: 8 am - 6 pm M-F
Saturday 8 am - noon

B&B Automotive Machine Shop
3001 New Street Suite B Oceanside, NY 11572
Keep us posted,
DannyG

Back