Picking a throttle body...

well I am just looking for opinions on where to steal a TB from.

I am not looking for a TBI unit (will be running port injectors and want to get away from a bonnet)

I have played with 2.3L turbo motors for years and had thought of one of them (similar power levels etc)

and of course looked at 5.0L ones as they are easy to find.

but have been leaning to the 4.6L ones....

GM never really made a round throttle body that is cable op (the LS motors are throttle by wire,..)

key factors I am looking for...

1. round inlet in even 1.2" sizes (allows a silicone connector to be used and have it fit properly)

2. readily available pigtail connectors, need to be able to get them in a yard easily)

3. prefer a simple 4 bolt flange mount (although the ford ones are not a uniform bolt pattern)

4. compact, I don't need 4,500 vac ports on it or extra sensors.

so anyone have any ideas?

I had one off a 94-95 5.0 car on my SVO. It leaked vacuum/boost so I went with an aftermarket one for that car...loved it
Matt

well I managed to machine out my 6 weld bungs for the injectors today. getting my head cleaned up this week so that next friday I can maybe get the holes drilled and tack them in the head. once I get the head cleaned up I will get some pics posted up of my plan.

well the current project is an E0 head (don't have mike's yet) so mounting the injectors into the exposed runners on the stock log head. not gona be pretty or the perfect setup....just playing and seeing if I can get it to work. I will just be mounting vertically and welding the bungs into the head with some Ni rod. I was given a stock 5.0L fuel rail that I am cutting up for parts (reg mount and inector pockets will NOT be using the quick connects though)

I will have some pics in a week or so (I can only work on fridays)

okay. makes sense now.
I thought you were trying to port into the combustion chamber, ie, direct injection... not a bad thought if you could make it work!! hehe.

Jeep 4.0's are 60mm and four bolt pattern. Year needs to be 1991 and up. 87-90 are three bolt and have no flange to slip on a filter or tube so an adapter would have to be made which is easy enough.

Back