Fuel pressure regulator

hasa68mustang

Famous Member
VIP
from what I have been reading on turbo mustangs I should lower my fuel pressure to 7-8 psi. if I used a regulator would it have to be boost referenced or would the differences in pressure still make it rise? if that makes sense?

you will still need to reference it. tommy I went with an aeromotive reg. bypass style with a ref port on it. it came with springs for either carb or EFI (so I can change over if I go efi) cost was $100 at my local speed shop. the bypass style is needed since I am running an EFI pump.

I do have a mallory non-return style reg I could let go for cheap (remaned unit)it has a 1/8" or so hole for atm reference but I am sure it could be opened up a little and a brass tube slid in it (basicly like doing a fuel pump)

Tommy, as I have learned, the bypass style regulator is the only way to go. That way if you want to install an electric pump later you can, and still keep your mechanical pump.
I have my pressure set at @ 5-6psi at idle and all's well. I need to set the timing down a little now, I get a little pinging at WOT. I have 27 degrees total right now, probably set it down to 22-24 and see what happens.

Kirk

But to answer your question, I think, the fuel pressure regulator has a boost reference port on the side of it. I am using the Aeromotive 13-301. Is that what you were asking?

Kirk

Back