throttle body injection?

Timnmelinda

Throttle body injection on my 67 mustang, yes no maybe?
It is a daily driver, DUI Headers and 2inch duals with crossover, auto trans, otherwise stock, We are putting in a new engine this spring basic stock rebuild, mild step up in cam, maybe a slight raise in compression, I would love one of Mikes new heads, but do not think I can squeeze it into budget (til maybe a later date)

I am just looking for a little bit pepped up ride, but drivability, reliability, and fuel economy are all important.

So in reguards to TBI Would it be a reasonable choice and does this look any good

http://www.affordable-fuel-injection.com/ford-tbi.htm

or is there something alot better either in application or in pricing?
Or should I just consider staying with carbs?

Your ideas and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Tim

I am just looking for a little bit pepped up ride, but drivability, reliability, and fuel economy are all important.
For under $100.00 bucks you'll have better MPG and ease of installation after geting a Holley 5200 carb, you'll have more power than now and get about 25-27 MPG and it will idel so smooth, you won't belive it! :LOL: And than you'll be $900.00 closer to Mikes new 2v Head........Really the Holley 5200 or any webber will run very smooth and still provide great MPG and also more power than the stock carb's.

If you can or want to do it yourself here is a long thread about a DIY setup.

http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38349

I am sort of working along the DIY lines because I have not had much luck with any of the smaller aftermarket EFI people including Affordable who never returned any emails or phone messages a few years ago when I was interested in one of their systems. Holley may not be the best stuff in the world but at least you get it and there is support plus there is very little chance they will be out of buisnes tomorrow which is more than you can say for some of the others out there.

Back