Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• EFI, not just Megasquirt

• What's a Megasquirt???

• Total voters
Which GM TBI did you get? As far as I know they all had IAC steppers and if you want to control that I think you have to go with MS2. MS2 also gives you more options for spark control which you may or may not care about.

Id be happy to chat with you (or anyone else) about my MS experience. PM me if it is going to be too much or too far off topic for the board. Better hurry though, mine has been running for over a year now and I have forgot more than I thought.

The idea I want to try is mounting injectors in the log spraying straight into the intake port.

I wanted to control airflow with a Ford 4.6L modular motor throttle body adapter similar to this one but cheaper.

http://www.dragonperformance.net/501-15.htm

My apologies to the person because I keep forgetting his name (please sticky his thread) where he converted a Ford 2.3L distributor to a TFI module distributor suitable for a inline six which could be controlled by the Megasquirt II ECU.

I just moved and have the parts and engine in same place but want to check whether the 89-up Ford 2.3L DIS can be made to fit a 200 I6. I have the dummy shaft that runs the oil pump and the crank trigger unit that goes on crank.

If it can be made to fit that would give us ability to run Distributorless ignition system and fuel injection, both run by a megasquirt II ECU.

If anyone wants to run Megasquirt in a late model Ford with EEC IV Megascott sells a EEC IV adpater board that goes in a EEC IV housing and uses the EEC IV factory harness receptacle taken from original EEC IV circuit board and connects to the Megasquirt II with a data cable.

You can also buy pre built Megasquirt II's from DIY autotune. That's also where I got my EEC IV adapter kit for my 91 Mustang from DIY autotune

Although I have an australian head on my 200, Im thinking about getting another 200 and putting a new alluminium head on it. Mike's aluminium head has EFI bosses, however I have no idea how to add EFI to the engine. With a new EFI topic forum I could decipher a lot of information, and put EFI on a new head. So, I vote yes on a new EFI forum.

Back