big efi ?

81f100

i am planning a turbo build for my truck and i am also wanting to run a mpfi setup for ease of tune ability and the fact that i want to be able to run pump gas or alcohol depending on what tune and amount of boost im running is there nything out there for this or will i have to call and have one made

You would have to crunch the numbers to see if its even going to be possible to do what you want with a single set of injectors. Gas vs. Alcohol is asking a lot as far as range goes. Wanting boost on top of that may or may not be too much. You are wanting a pretty complicated setup I cant imagine anything out there that is built to do just that. If you can get the injector thing worked out Megasquirt should do it. Alcohol and boost are not a problem for MS. I wonder if you may be looking at having to get a second set of injectors for boost conditions? I have never thought of building a boosted engine so I really have not read much on it myself. Between the megamanual and the forum I bet someone will have done something close to what you want.

8) the nice thing about the megasquirt is that you can add a flex fuel sensor to the later versions and run anything from straight gasoline to E85 with no problems. you can also size the injectors to run straight alcohol if you like, and run a second ECU that you can switch over to if you choose.

this is another ? for you it might sound dumb but are the efi trucks a tbi set up or are they a mpfi setup

they are a MPFI Speed Density setup until you get to either '95 or '96, then they go to OBDII and a MAF system

i had no clue that they would be an obdll in a 95 or 96 hmmm now i got more thinkin to do while planning my build

be warned, the OBDII systems are the most resistant to modifications, no one has cracked the program yet, so you can't upgrade the programming to compensate for more HP

is there a difference between the intake manifolds on the obdll set ups if so which would be better for what im wanting to try to do

glad im doin research nopw and not wanting to jump right in this build plus i gotta wait for the cash flow

OBDII didnt happen on the ford trucks til 96.

Generally 95 was the start for 5.0 MAF on the trucks and those were EEC-IV OBDI computers.

MAF and OBDII for the 5.8 and 4.9 didnt happen til 96 on non-commiefornia trucks. I have heard of, but never seen evidence of 94+ OBDI MAF 4.9/5.8 on the commiefornia trucks.

Back