GM coils?

I picked up a set of GM coils off an LS motor. I am told these have a built in driver or something....

now at the time no one was using these with MS....but I have seen some stuff where people are using these now?

does anyone have some info on this? I would love to get these on the new Aussie motor when it gets built (sheetmetal intake, EDIS, turbo, etc)

I am setting up a 36-1 wheel on the motor so I will have a crank sensor

Is the LS set you have a paired setup (3 coils for 6 cyl) or is there 6 coils? I thought the paired setup was pretty similar to the EDIS and the base plate they mounted on contained the module so you only needed basic signals to make em work. I think the later individual coils contain the high current switching device but get the dwell and trigger info from somewhere else. I have not been reading much on the MS site since I got my system running. Its possible that if the sequencer has been finished it could run something like those. Hope someone else has more info for you.

it is a coil per plug setup (bought a set of coils off a 5.3L truck that someone had taken two from) they have more than two wires per coil so I guess that means the high current is all contained within the coil?

I have worked on them in the trucks but never figured out how they work. Have you looked around the MS manual or forums?

Back