Take a look at retrotekspeed. com

Broncitis

Famous Member
I am becoming more and more convinced that their new system is the absolute easiest way to put EFI on Mikes new al head and intake combo and other applications, while their new distributor does not fit our big or small sixes, it is innovative and very reasonable, if I was to start over I would use their powerjection system, by the time you would have done what I have already done, it would seem cheap and efficient use of your time for what I believe the same gain, alot of multi this and multi that = multi tuning and multi work for someone like myself, for those that want to bolt wire and go this is the system, for those with time and knowledge and like the challenge of piece by piece this is not your system, take a look at their videos and what they did at SEMA, They are very very easy to work with, their whole goal is to make EFI as simple as possible with using the latest technology, Once my engine is in place, I will be using their stage 2 EMS with full tech support from them and not some huge company where they have tech support and you spend hrs trying to talk to someone whose job is to get you off the phone and to move to the next person as fast as poosible.

I looked at their stuff a couple of years ago when I was doing my first EFI project. They were delayed and coming soon for way too long so I moved on to other options. So far on my projects looks are not as important as overall value so for me there are several of other better options. I am still very skeptical of most of these 'bolt on and plug in self tuning' systems. On some common applications they may work, say a 350 chev or 302 ford. Everything I have seen on these things looks to be like its all been done and written by the company. I have not yet seen one of these systems in person or even talked to someone on a board like this that is using one. Their hardware does look like pretty cool quality stuff which is also reflected in their prices. Be sure to let us know how it works out.

Ah roger that, I will soon be able to say if it works are not, but the beauty is that someone with your skills can still laptop tune it, its going to be sink are swim time pretty soon for me and the water is up to my chin already with this project, who knows maybe I'll blow the head off on first ignition, I'm still waiting on that dampner serpentine pulley adapter to run the m90 blower, talk about an endless project, I should have poured a can of tuneup in the old 170 and called it good, not like all the support I get, your putting a blower on one of those outdated puny sixes, can you still find parts for those things, ya buddy.

My last rebuild project was going to cost around $1000 and take about 3 months. Ended up more like $3500 and 1 1/2 years without the efi for a still fairly stock motor. Worst part is I lost oil pressure on the highway a month ago so I may get to do it all over again. I keep looking at the original motor sitting in the stand thinking a timing chain and some gaskets and that one should be good for another 100K.

Back